Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.09.2005, 09:49 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default Sound engine quality of B, C and TI

Hello all,

Something that is worrying me, which I'm sure is just desperation induced paranoia - but...

What if the TI doesn't have the pure sex sound engine that the B and C have.

It's the dark and moody sound of the Virus that I want so much - and yet none of the Presets for the TI sound as good as the presets for the B and C - either the ones on Access' site, or the fine examples from Manuel at Vengeance Music...

Even the TI Presets on Parade have some of the EXACT presets from the B Series Presets on Parade.

Listening to the B and C demos, my ears are drenched in great timbres, and my imagination is set off -

I get none of this listening to any of the TI Preset examples - they sound noticeably less well concieved - and I'm wondering if this is because the sound designers haven't spent the time they did on the older presets, or whether they are simply unable to easily create something which ignites excitement like the B and C clearly do.

Why would Access put B Series presets on the TI Preset Parade unless they were there to show how much better the sound engine is... they sound exactly the same!

I read elsewhere (I think on the amphea list) that an owner of a B and C considered them different machines, with different tonal characteristics.

I am scared of turning on the TI and hearing a Totally Integrated JP8000.

I want dark and moody, and so far I haven't heard that from the TI demos... the darkside presets are anything but dark...

Am I insane?

Cheers,

pseudo
Old 22.09.2005, 10:16 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Well, to me this is a good example of "You can please some of the people, some of the time etc.."

With the TI presets, we were hoping to demonstrate how the new oscillators expand on the Virus' tone palette. So you don't like them because they don't sound like a B or C, whilst plenty of others on the 'net just go "Meh.. it just sounds like a Virus!"

Sure the TI still sounds like a Virus, so long as you use the old oscillators, which haven't been changed at all.

And for the record, those idiots who think their B and C sound different probably haven't considered that maybe some of the presets were tweaked with the EQs - aside from the C's additional features, they are sonically identical. I've even read posts from these guys suggesting that the reason Access released the Classic was because they knew the C didn't sound as good as the B!

Quote:
Why would Access put B Series presets on the TI Preset Parade unless they were there to show how much better the sound engine is... they sound exactly the same!
Because the TI is the current product, and these sounds are still an important part of it - the huge collection of quality sounds is part of it's legacy.
Old 22.09.2005, 10:27 PM
Pro
Pro

Thanks for the reply Ben.

I think they are trying to show off the new things the TI can do.

It has already been stated that all A, B, C and classic patches will work and will sound exactly the same.

My view is...don't bag it till you've played it
Old 22.09.2005, 10:30 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

haha

Ok, thank you Ben for setting my mind to rest...

Just after posting this ludicrous message I noticed that the website states that the darkside collection is hypersaw and wavetable only - which makes sense...

So the sound engine is identical... I can't wait!