Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.02.2011, 06:20 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Smile Virus TI with MPC2500 SE

Morning...

I'm in a band and I want to move us away from backing tracks to sequenced music (so we have timecode on stage and I can sync lights/video) plus it sounds better and gives us more flexibility.

Many of the song parts come from the TI but I can't afford a second TI to provide them, plus my TI keyboard is literally only used as a played synth live which is a waste.

So the obvious choice is use it in multi mode somehow but it's only got 16 multi mode memories and we have a setlist of about 40 tracks. Plus I want to play it as well, plus I switch my patches during songs.

So besides setting local control to off, would I use one multi mode memory and have the MPC send patch, pan and volume changes or use multi mode memories for more than one song each....

P.S...I'm also sequencing 2 x emu E4 series samplers plus playing one...but the cost of transporting them in flightcases is prohibitive, so I also need a multi timbral vst sampler/player. If anyone knows of one that's safe to take live on a Sony Vaio laptop I'd love to know about it....
Old 18.02.2011, 02:17 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

The TI doesn't have only 16 multi mode settings: it has 16 "integrated" multi mode settings (the ones where the patches are saved and embedded into the multi) and a number of other multi storage locations (these are normal like evry other multimode synth)
Old 18.02.2011, 04:06 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I play Virus TI in a band, and I have 1 multi per song.
Virus TI has 128 multi locations - should be more than enough for a set

You can also use MIDI program change messages to switch multis instantly.
Old 18.02.2011, 05:59 PM
New here

Thanks for the replies guys!!!

Roby I dont understand.I normally use my TI as an integrated tool in SX3 and its fab. I notice if I edit a patch I dont have to save it to the TI synth specifically.. Is that what you mean?

boreg ... OMG really.... 128... that'll do nicely.... I googled it and I thought I saw 16...

So any idea how I can play a patch on the TI while have it provide some other synth sounds? obviously multi mode with local off but how else. same midi channel for each song etc...
(runs over to check out the TI yes your right.... 127, first 16 are different though.... and what the hell is remote mode? cany believe I've had it for 5 years and dont know)
Old 18.02.2011, 07:23 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

First 16 have the very cool functionality of having all their patches embedded: if you modify the patch in single mode it won't automatically be changed in the related multi, and changing its location won't "destroy" the multi depriving it of a patch. (Other 112 work as on the other synths, though!).

Remote mode is a mode where you can use the Virus as a controller for other instruments and Virtual Instruments (and you have different maps to do so)
Old 18.02.2011, 11:57 PM
New here

thanks roby.... I see the first 16 are like when you use it as a VST... edit patches without it effecting the synth.

I know very little about remote modes, eg setting up zones etc via midi but I cant imagine its any differnent than doing it on an old school emulator or something.

I may buy a Virus B or C if I can find a good one but this definetly lket me get more use from the TI.

I just practicesd one of the tracks by exporting the midi file from Cubase, entering ito tothe MPC and setting the channels... worked perfectly TBH.. just need to sort out the transposes etc.... and of course a free channel for me to play through in midi thru mode I could evenprogram my own patch volume and pan changes on my live sound as well... cool!!!
Old 18.02.2011, 11:59 PM
New here

thanks roby.... I see the first 16 are like when you use it as a VST... edit patches without it effecting the synth.

I know very little about remote modes, eg setting up zones etc via midi but I cant imagine its any differnent than doing it on an old school emulator or something.

I may buy a Virus B or C if I can find a good one but this definetly lket me get more use from the TI.

I just practicesd one of the tracks by exporting the midi file from Cubase, entering ito tothe MPC and setting the channels... worked perfectly TBH.. just need to sort out the transposes etc.... and of course a free channel for me to play through in midi thru mode I could evenprogram my own patch volume and pan changes on my live sound as well... cool!!!