Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.04.2006, 11:19 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default anybody with SoundOnSound December`05. issue with TI review?

SoundOnSound wrote in December 2005. issue Virus TI review [mind you 2005! not the preview from December 2004.] so if anybody has the magazine or is online subscripted can you please write here just the conclusion and pros/cons? also any comparison with Virus C would be precious ..

p.s. if I could buy the magazine or subscribe I would do it myself but it`s just not possible or waaay to complicated from where I live, I mean there`s really no reason for me being cheap on those kind of things if I consider paying 2000$ for the synth right?
Old 10.04.2006, 11:45 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I didn't read the review, but heres my comparison coming from a B and TI owner.

You can get 75% of the same sounds with a C, and the whole 'T.I.' aspect of the TI is a failure, and with the latest update doing practically nothing, I expect it to be that way for quite some time. So if you want the VST plugin, midi through USB, or sound through USB, don't get the TI. If you want the hypersaw and new wavetables (not that great), get the TI.
Old 11.04.2006, 06:04 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnj
I didn't read the review, but heres my comparison coming from a B and TI owner.

You can get 75% of the same sounds with a C, and the whole 'T.I.' aspect of the TI is a failure, and with the latest update doing practically nothing, I expect it to be that way for quite some time. So if you want the VST plugin, midi through USB, or sound through USB, don't get the TI. If you want the hypersaw and new wavetables (not that great), get the TI.
kind of why I returned my TI for a virus C on e-bay.......
I feel that was a better move for me until I can safely re-buy the TI!

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 20.04.2006, 05:42 PM
This forum member lives here

You guys didnt like the wavetables or hypersaw? How come? From what ive heard they sound quite promising....

Some people just dont like wavetable.....its an acquired taste for sure...as is FM

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 20.04.2006, 06:24 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
You guys didnt like the wavetables or hypersaw? How come? From what ive heard they sound quite promising....

Some people just dont like wavetable.....its an acquired taste for sure...as is FM

DS
I was sorry to return mine, I loved all the sounds......The bugs and lack of OS 1.1 accounability made me reconsider the price......This is a big investment for a meek lil guy like myself, I just could not spend the $$$ until I was sure of the product.

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 20.04.2006, 06:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS

DS
Im finding Im using the wavetable or hypersaw in most patches. I would feel lost without them on a Viruc C.

I do wish that the waves (both regular and wavetable) included some sampled sounds as well as harmonic sounds like the Novation KS rack and Radias for eg (which have painos, organs, bass, drums, vox etc).

If a future update could expand the waves to 128 instead of 64 and add samples then I would be very happy.
Old 22.04.2006, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnj
If you want the hypersaw and new wavetables (not that great), get the TI.
For me, the Ti has another major advantage, and that's the ability to apply effects independently in sequencer mode. I also find that the Ti is much easier to edit patches with, given the new window and additional knobs. Lastly, the keyboard action on the Polar and KB versions is wonderful, and the Polar just looks damn cool.