Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29.04.2009, 10:21 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Aliasing oscillators?

I know this has been discussed here before but...

I'm seriously considering purchasing a Virus TI 2 and have never owned a Virus before. The only thing making me hesitate is the complaints I've heard on some forums about how badly the Virus aliases at higher frequencies. I was surprised to hear this because I thought aliasing oscillators were no longer an issue on most modern digital synths. I can't understand why Access would not have addressed this by now. I can understand not wanting to alter the classic Virus sound, but it seems like they could simply add additional non-aliasing oscillators as an option to choose from (yes, I've heard the super-saw is supposed to be alias free).

Am I making a bigger issue out of this than it actually is? The Virus is obviously one of the most used VA's around, so a lot of people must not think the aliasing is an issue. Would it be possible for someone to post an audio clip demonstrating this aliasing issue. I've tried going to my local Guitar Centers to demo the Virus, but neither of them had a working one in stock. Any helpful opinions or comments would be appreciated.