Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.11.2004, 01:31 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default PLEASE HELP ME! VIRUS C

Hi guys, PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
Im using a virus c desktop with cubase sx 2 and a CREATIVE AUDIGY 2 PLATINUM ZS SOUNDCARD.
The problem is no midi data is being received or sent with cubase. I have tried a keyboard into the virus and it receives data from there. Cubase midi filters are all off. Midi thru is on on both sx and virus.
Wiring is all correct Lo page and high are also correct.
What is wrong? are my pc configurations wrong? is cubase set up wrong? does this soundcard not work with viruses? is the soundcard broken
thank you SO MUCH in advance
Old 29.11.2004, 02:07 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

It sounds as if your soundcard is not set up within Cubase to transmit midi. I take it you have appropriately connected the virus midi in/out to the SB midi in/out. Ok, from within cubase itself goto the audio options/preferences screen and see if your SB soundcard has been selected for midi. Sometimes sequencers default to some kinda Microsoft GM interface. F*$& knows what that is lol! But anyway.....check to see what Cubase is using as the midi interface.....it must be you SB soundcard otherwise your Virus will not recieve any input from you sequencer.

Another thing. Select audio track one from your new song screen. Next to the track you will see a little bow tie icon. Right click that so that you can change the audio track to a midi one. This will then open a little box on left hand margin of your screen. You should see a little box called 'Output'. I suspect that immediately under this box youve got 'Microsoft GS Wave....' selected. Ah! Herein lies the problem. Click on 'Microsoft GS Wave...' and select your SB card from the list! Now, when you use the midi track one in Cubase it will send and recieve data from your Virus etc.

This is all from memory...and im not a Cubase SX user. I keep my fingers X that this info has helped in some way. But if not dont dispair. There are some Cubase SX users here who will help ya.

Cheers

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 29.11.2004, 03:02 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

yo! thanx! I fixed it, it was a FAULTY MIDI CABLE WOULD U BELIEVE THAT!?!?!?

now i need one more small help.......
This is the first time iv heard my virus in the 3 months iv owned it! im so excited!
Now my next problem is:
I have midi going into the virus but when i press "single" button no single sounds work, when i use multi i hear sound but its the same sound even if i cycle through all the multi sounds i only get this same one?
how can i hear the single noises?!?! thanks!