Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.10.2004, 11:44 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus C and Cubase SX2 Channels Problem [unsolved]

I am using my virus KC in MultiSingle mode with Cubase SX2. It's the first time for years I've tried to do anything with MIDI so my problem is probably quite simple to solve (I hope):

Every time the sequencer sends "program change" data to the synth, regardless of the channel, upon replaying from the beginning the sound has changed in channel 1. This does not seem to affect other channels, just channel 1. In other words, if there are 5 channels and it gets to the point in the song where all five sounds are playing, the last sound the synth selects becomes the sound in channel 1! The sounds used in every other channel remain as separate sounds, as it should be. It's quite frustrating.

Also, any other controllers applied to channel 1 seem to affect everything globally. What do I do if I simply want to send, say, a 'release' controller message to one channel? I don't like it when everything has the same effects on it, it sounds silly.

I don't know if the problem lies with the Virus or with Cubase. Any ideas much appreciated!
Old 11.10.2004, 12:20 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Virus C and Cubase SX2 Channels Problem [unsolved]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Tuesday
I don't know if the problem lies with the Virus or with Cubase. Any ideas much appreciated!
Seems like the problem is in the multi/single mode. Have you tried out multi mode? I remember having such problems with my kB in multi/single mode. I cannot test it out by myself because I don't own a Virus anymore.
Old 11.10.2004, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
I don't own a Virus anymore.
What??? Get out of this forum then! You are banished you non-virus owning traitor!!!!!!!

j/k........

Are you updated with SX? I think it is version 2.02 blah blah blah.....

Are your MIDI interface drivers updated too, and also the OS for the Virus........

Ok, When I use SX I work in Multi mode, NOT multi-single. I choose my sounds from within SX, and when I am finished working, save changes on the virus. Im probably not being much help here, as my use of the Virus and SX is quite limited (ie no program change messages etc).

Also, make sure that SX is not filtering any MIDI commands....Go to the preferences menu in SX, and then to the MIDI filter section.

Just some trouble shooting tips and possible causes of problems to check out.

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 11.10.2004, 01:12 AM

P.S

Welcome to Planet Virus!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 25.11.2004, 08:47 PM
New here
New here

Default Solution.

I had a big problem with the Virus and Cubase changing programs when I didn't want it to, and I found a solution on the net. Basically what you have to do is deactivate all the bank/patch info in the track inspector - set them to zero, and change the patch for the specific MIDI channel in multi-single mode on the Virus, and then Cubase stops sending program change info for some strange reason.
Old 26.11.2004, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
I don't own a Virus anymore.
What??? Get out of this forum then! You are banished you non-virus owning traitor!!!!!!!
hes getting poco version soon - cut him a little slack (but not too much )