Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 20.01.2008, 02:40 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via Skype™ to flipside
Smile Another one from Norway

Hey

Well I'm Alex from Norway, I've been a virus user since 2002 or something. Started out with a B, swapped it for an Indigo 2, and later I got a Polar in addition. I love doing some deep programming in it, as I appreciate the ability to sit there and think: "now what if I wanted to do.. that" and being able to go in and program it. I do a lot of remixes these days, mostly house and some more trancy stuff.

I'm more a fan of hardware.. So I've sort of gathered a collection which is a mix of stuff I think sounds and looks cool. I guess I can't justify it all, but hey, who can

I started out with trackersoftware, in my case FT2. After a few years I sort of used a (very tedious) process of doing some stuff in a tracker, some stuff in softsynths, and then merging it all in cool edit pro.. phew :P

Then I worked in Logic for a while, and now I'm on a digi002 Protools system on a MacPro. Really happy with that.

Other than that I can say that I live with my gf and our daughter which is the best little girl in the whole world She's already tried out the Polar and she likes it very much, hehe..
Old 20.01.2008, 03:45 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hey Alex! Great name you've got there. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for that killer introduction. Would love to hear any tracks you've remixed/produced. I'm a trance and house junkie myself.

I think now that you are here the Norwegians out number the Australians on this board (thank God!). I'm a half Yankee, half German living in Florida, and much like your little girl, my little ones dig my Virus KC alot. Here's a shot from a few years ago:

You've got to train them early, right? Hopefully they'll all be remixing by fourth grade or so...

Cheers, Bro!

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 20.01.2008, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Hey there Flip!

Some very nice gear you've got there in your profile.

I started out on trackers too (OctaMED on the Amiga in about '95), and..... still use trackers! They're a lot more advanced than they were in the OctaMED/FastTracker days.
Renoise is what I use. www.Renoise.com Very modern and constantly supported/upgraded.
Trackers are unrivalled for drum programming and the like. I can't seem to work any other way. Inputting drums hits using the mouse in Cubase is almost too fiddly.

Greetz from England.

PS > Nice kids, Alex! Bet they keep you on your toes.
Old 21.01.2008, 11:56 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Alex: Hey thanks Here you can listen to some varied stuff:

http://www.flipsideremix.com/player/flipside.html

Sorry about the player, but most of the tracks I'm not allowed to hand out.. All of the tracks features a virus more or less.. Some are virus only. (The bager remix among others)

I'd love to hear what you're doing as well!

Very cool photo, looks like they enjoy playing! I'll see if I can dig up a photo of mine playing too.. Agree, gotta train them early, haha. I use to joke about that too, that she'll be remixing by like 4th grade =) Well atleast, I will let my kids have access (...) to my instruments, so if they want to they can have fun with it and maybe get an interest for it.

Timo:
Hey, and thanks! Here's a (somewhat small, I have a larger one at home) recent photo of it:

Interesting that you use ReNoise.. I've heard about it and I think I even tried it sometime. It looks quite cool! Exciting concept to combine tracker interfaces with VST and midi I think.. I can see what you mean about drum programming. I've just done it for so long that I've gotten used to it.. =) And the midi-stage tends to be an early stage of the drums for me, I usually bounce to disk pretty early and continue work in audio.. That goes for synth stuff too. Have you checked out fxpansions GURU by the way?

Another reason for me to work in Protools is that then I'm fully compatible with another guy I work a lot with, who's from Denmark. (You can hear some of our collaborations in the player).

Btw: I've also set up an old computer running DOS, Fasttracker II with all the good old samples, and some old games. Still haven't had the time to play around alot with it, but I will..

Thanks for the welcome you guys!
Old 21.01.2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Hey Flipside,

I totally understand not being able to disclose the lot of what you are working on, no sweat.

If you have any tracks for sale or if your stuff is on a compilation available, whatever, then please post a link to that if you like. There is no issue with doing so here if you please.

Cheers,

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 21.01.2008, 03:58 PM

Hi Alex. That is quite a setup. Welcome to the forum!
Old 23.01.2008, 07:25 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74 View Post
Hey Flipside,

I totally understand not being able to disclose the lot of what you are working on, no sweat.

If you have any tracks for sale or if your stuff is on a compilation available, whatever, then please post a link to that if you like. There is no issue with doing so here if you please.

Cheers,

-Alex
Great! I've dug up some places where they are available. The "Love Won't Leave Me Alone" remix is available here:
Fragment Four - Love won't leave me alone (Parsberg & flipside remix)

Con Amore - Crazy Situation (Michael Parsberg remix)
(There's a mistake in the credit there, this was a colab remix, but the label failed to get that )

Parsberg & flipside - The Box
Apoptygma Berzerk - In This Together (flipside remix)
Apoptygma Berzerk - Tuning in (Drugwar remix) (I did the Drugwar remix)
Ernesto vs Bastian - Dark Side of the Moon (flipsides electro makeover)
Oceanlab - Satellite (Alex Oddens flipside vocal mix)
Oceanlab - Satellite EP
Kyau vs Albert - Not With you (flipside remix)
Kyau vs.. (same track, another shop)
Filo & Peri - Dance With a Devil (flipside remix)

A few of these tracks are not in the player, but if you want to hear them then let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
Hi Alex. That is quite a setup. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks Doc! It has taken me some years to collect.. I realize now though that I should have spent some money on more outboard stuff like tube compressors/eqs, and I'm wanting an Eventide H8000.. But I think all the synths have their own great features.. Be it sound and/or looks. I might be a bit superficial but I can't help loving the look of the OSCar and the ARP for example (They both sound great too). At the same time I really adore the white Polar look.. Beautiful.

Best,
Alex

Last edited by flipside : 23.01.2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 23.01.2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Alex!

Thanks for posting these links to your tracks! I'll be checking them out at work today and will most likely buy a few (I'm such a music whore).

Cheers!

-Alex H.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 02.02.2008, 09:18 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Welcome to the forum Viking fellow ;D
Clavia Nord Modular G2X
Novation Supernova II PRO X
Yamaha Motif ES Rack
Access Virus|TI PØLAR
Dave Smith Instruments - Prophet 08
Old 06.02.2008, 10:49 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74 View Post
Alex!

Thanks for posting these links to your tracks! I'll be checking them out at work today and will most likely buy a few (I'm such a music whore).

Cheers!

-Alex H.
Cool! I'd love to hear which ones you may like.. What about you? Do you have any tracks available for listening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbins View Post
Welcome to the forum Viking fellow ;D

Thanks Robbins Where in Norway are you from?

Best,
Alex