Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.07.2008, 05:59 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to dj bubis Send a message via AIM to dj bubis Send a message via Yahoo to dj bubis
Angry USB Bandwidth Exceeded and It Only Gets Worse!

I have an Mbox that has been working fine and I recently purchased a Virus Ti Desktop and an Edirol Pcr 500. The Edirol installed without a problem but the Virus wouldnt let me update, it kept saying usb link lost on the virus screen. I rebooted my pc and after doing so my keyboard was no longer working, I attempted to update the virus again and did so without a problem. I turned my virus off, rebooted my pc and my keyboard was working this time but when I turned the virus on it gave me the error message "USB Bandwidth Exceeded". Basically my virus usb link has been lost....WTF!!!

I had originally updated my virus with the latest patch 2.7 but then returned back to 2.5 after I figured out that my keyboard was causing problems I had tried to install 2.8 and after doing so it says the I cannot open Virus Control center because the device is not installed...

Is it just my pc?!?!

I can provide screen shots of the error messages when I get home but I was hoping you guys could help without them. I wana thank you guys ahead of time! Hopefully we can figure this out because it has been bugging me for a couple of days now!
Old 29.07.2008, 06:21 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Have you checked your usage in the USB properties ?

[if not... Control panel - system - hardware - my devices -]

check all your usb ports properties to see if any of them are either draining too much power or using all your bandwidth.

You could also try deleting your usb hub and letting windows find it again and resorting the ports into order.
Old 29.07.2008, 06:31 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

the Virus TI dosen't support being used via USB hub.
what I did was to install a USB PCI card into my PC instead and connected the Virus TI to it. That worked.
Clavia Nord Modular G2X
Novation Supernova II PRO X
Yamaha Motif ES Rack
Access Virus|TI PØLAR
Dave Smith Instruments - Prophet 08
Old 29.07.2008, 06:31 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to dj bubis Send a message via AIM to dj bubis Send a message via Yahoo to dj bubis

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply! I will check it out as soon as I get home and let you know what the deal is.
Old 29.07.2008, 06:32 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbins View Post
the Virus TI dosen't support being used via USB hub.
what I did was to install a USB PCI card into my PC instead and connected the Virus TI to it. That worked.

Well I dont have a hub installed at the moment, my Virus is connected directly into my pc...I will post some screen shots when I get home, Im just glad to know you guys are here to help!
Old 29.07.2008, 06:36 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj bubis View Post
Well I dont have a hub installed at the moment, my Virus is connected directly into my pc...I will post some screen shots when I get home, Im just glad to know you guys are here to help!

My english was a bit misleading there. I have never used a USB hub before.
But I connected my virus directly to a USB port in the back of my PC and I got the same error as you. I installed a PCI USB card and connected my virus into that, and it worked.
Clavia Nord Modular G2X
Yamaha Motif ES Rack
Access Virus|TI PØLAR
Old 29.07.2008, 06:39 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj bubis View Post
The PC sees its built in ports as a hub.

Try swapping USB bits around.

I can't have my virus plugged into a PCI USB card and can't have my Midex 8 plugged into a port near the virus.. go figure

[edit]

You have installed your USB2 drivers if you are using XP ?

Last edited by IamEvil : 29.07.2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 29.07.2008, 06:44 PM
Very mucho Newbie

if you have the midex plugged in where you have it now, and plug the virus into the new PCI card, you wont get trouble I asume.
Clavia Nord Modular G2X
Yamaha Motif ES Rack
Access Virus|TI PØLAR
Old 29.07.2008, 09:28 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbins View Post
if you have the midex plugged in where you have it now, and plug the virus into the new PCI card, you wont get trouble I asume.
Nope , the virus doesn't work on the PCI card when I plug other things into it. I have quite a few USB bits - including an edirol M16DX which streams 18 channels of audio at once into the pc and 2 channels returned back out again.

Everything is working fine at the moment so I'll just leave my setup the way it is without tempting fate and fiddling with different ports.
Old 29.07.2008, 10:07 PM
New here
New here

Thumbs up

Good News! I just deleted the usb hub and let my pc reinstall all of the devices after i switched up where they were plugged into....its updating my virus ti as we speak hopefully it goes through without a problem...thanks again "IamEvil"

EDIT

Bad News! After installing the virus and updating it I installed my mbox and my virus has started acting up again. It can no longer be found and this message keeps coming up everytime i try to reinstall it "usb bandwidth exceeded". I have tried installing my devices in different ports and nothing. What do you guys recommend? I never had an problems when i had a mac....

Last edited by dj bubis : 29.07.2008 at 11:43 PM.