Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.11.2013, 09:50 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
indeed! if you buy one of Apple's expensive adaptors you'll be able to use your "old" gear. but bus powered audio interfaces will need their power supply now. in a gig situation, this means having to carry another power supply thing around.
Also, Apples own cables WITHOUT adapters don't work half the time, so it would worry me to be dependent on Apple for backward compatibility for anything. I've got 4 iPods, 2 iPhones, and 1 iPad, and often have trouble (most commonly with the iPods) charging/connecting. Half the above devices have the old connector and the rest use Lightning cables. A shockingly frequent percentage of the time, the device mysteriously acts like it doesn't recognize the cable, even though it's an expensive Apple cable and not a cheap aftermarket one.

Adding an adapter to a scenario like that which is already hit and miss doesn't appeal to me, especially on much more expensive parts.
Old 30.11.2013, 02:22 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post

Adding an adapter to a scenario like that which is already hit and miss doesn't appeal to me, especially on much more expensive parts.
Exactly! Besides, on such an industrial scale, adding this connections to a computer costs next to nothing to them. It's a clear case of choice, rather then necessity. It's like they're promoting the hackintosh for a while, and I may just grab it!
Old 22.12.2013, 03:40 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

new beta available for Mavericks
Old 01.01.2014, 01:03 PM
Pro
Pro

Apple did yet another drastic change on the design/shape/width of their highly successful iPad....now the iPad Air. It will not work in *any* existing or even brand new iPad Dock interfaces. I only own the iPad 2 for use of Waldorf Nave App, but I will not be shocked when Apple decides to "upgrade" their iOS to where nothing after iOS 7 no longer works on either older 30 pin connections or iPad 2....just as the iPad 1 will no longer support newer O.S.

To me, this is easily seen as "obsolesce by design"...and do not like it, nor is it even environmentally forward thinking.

Reaper does rule. Go to their forum and be surprised at how many ex-Pro Tools and Logic folk have jumped ship!
Old 04.01.2014, 03:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Apple did yet another drastic change on the design/shape/width of their highly successful iPad....now the iPad Air. It will not work in *any* existing or even brand new iPad Dock interfaces. I only own the iPad 2 for use of Waldorf Nave App, but I will not be shocked when Apple decides to "upgrade" their iOS to where nothing after iOS 7 no longer works on either older 30 pin connections or iPad 2....just as the iPad 1 will no longer support newer O.S.

To me, this is easily seen as "obsolesce by design"...and do not like it, nor is it even environmentally forward thinking.

Reaper does rule. Go to their forum and be surprised at how many ex-Pro Tools and Logic folk have jumped ship!
yep, same thing can be said about their battery life-span on their devices. long gone the days where you'd be amazed at how your supposedely thin speced power PC processor would stand up, performance-wise, against the shinniest Intel processor on the PC market, and how it all felt more stable and responsive.

Reaper seems to be gaining momentum on some circles. I know some top producers are running it with very costumized keyboard shortcuts/actions, some mimecking Logic even, for people who've spend their life time on it. Looks and performs good! They actually listen to their user base to!