Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.07.2007, 12:54 PM
New here
New here

Default Whats the difference

Hi guys

Nice forum you have here.

Im going to be buying a Virus Ti hopefully this week and i have a few small questions i hope you folks may be able to help me with...

1. Both the TI Polar and the TI 61 key versions retail around the same price...id love to know the difference between these two machines apart from the obvious....1. number of keys 2. layout.....any info on this would be great thanks.

2. Ive been thinkin about getting the Virus C as well, and i think i can pick it up at a reasonable price...would there be any point doing this if i had one of the TI versions??

3. Am i right in saying the Powercore software version is a replica of the Indigo Synth.....and thats its totally different to the Virus C ?? ...i thought the Indigo was a great synth...and i wonder how effective that and the C would be together in a home set up.

Thanks guys
Old 10.07.2007, 05:27 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet View Post
Hi guys

Nice forum you have here.

Im going to be buying a Virus Ti hopefully this week and i have a few small questions i hope you folks may be able to help me with...
Hiya, welcome to the forum.

Quote:
1. Both the TI Polar and the TI 61 key versions retail around the same price...id love to know the difference between these two machines apart from the obvious....1. number of keys 2. layout.....any info on this would be great thanks.
There is no difference between the two in terms of synth engine and features. They are identical. The Polar is more portable (gigable) and I guess most use the TI61 in a studio setting as a master controller (of which it is very good, excellant in fact). You are paying for the intellectual input into the Virus as opposed to just its hardware. In terms of manufacturing costs they are probably quite simmilar. You are paying for the sound....

Quote:
2. Ive been thinkin about getting the Virus C as well, and i think i can pick it up at a reasonable price...would there be any point doing this if i had one of the TI versions??
There would be absolutely no point in buying a Virus C if you get the TI. The TI blows it out of the water in terms of improved sound quality, simulatneous effects per 16 parts (fully multitimbral), more than enough polyphony, true wavetable synthesis and better connectivity with your computer, both in terms of recording and patch management, ARp programming and controlling other equipment (be it hardware or software)

Quote:
3. Am i right in saying the Powercore software version is a replica of the Indigo Synth.....and thats its totally different to the Virus C ?? ...i thought the Indigo was a great synth...and i wonder how effective that and the C would be together in a home set up.
Again, this is a case of total overlap. If you can afford it, just get the TI (imo get the TI61). The TI61 will hold a slightly better resale value because you wont have to convince people on ebay that they should pay the same for something with less keys etc etc.

If you want a hardcore virtual analog then the Virus is unbeatable. Pair it with a cheap analog monosynth and then you wont have to engage in anymore mind loops.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 12.07.2007, 03:02 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

TI61 has the best keys imho.

Once you have it it should be all you need, no need for powercore or C
Old 13.07.2007, 08:10 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for the advice guys...today my virus TI Desktop arrived. i already have the m-audio axiom 61 midi keyboard and my studio is quite small so thats why i opted for this model. Gonna set it all up tmrw and see how i get on

Thanks again

S