Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15.03.2011, 04:55 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default My Virus is not playing ball anymore… [SOLVED]

Hi everyone

I've been quietly lurking here reading posts but haven't had anything constructive to add to anything yet, sadly, my trouble free TI time has come to an end

My Virus has been working relatively ok for me for a while now, towards the end of last week it's developed some really frustrating random problems.

I'm working on a track that has 7 TI parts in it, only up to 4 sounding at any one time though. I can't seem to play the whole project through without either some slight detuning, major detuning, missing delay, the TI giving up altogether halfway through & refusing to play any more sounds or it trying to play all the sounds all at the same time.

The patches I'm using & their "power ratings" are:

Prongo - 2 bars
Breezer - 3 bars
,~]>{ - 2 bars (don't you just love Charlie May's patch naming system)
DX-Pno2 - 2 bars
Sync303 - 1 bar
Dst302 - 1 bar (my own variation)
Dst302 - 1 bar (my own variation)

Sometimes Prongo will be late, I get clicks when Breezer & DX-Pno2 play together & whenever ,~]>{ plays - either alone or with another patch it can sound like a string being slowly tightened then quickly released - from time to time the delays are nowhere to be heard even though the VC shows they should be. The 303/302 patches are generally ok but sometimes they will all start sounding with everything else - even in the absence of any notes coming in.

I've tried disconnecting & reconnecting everything in different USB ports one by one, I've stopped using Time Machine whilst using Logic (sometimes this makes a difference - not always), I've tried 64bit & 32bit - 32 has less problems but they are still present & nothing I can do is completely solving the problem. I've even tried importing everything to a new Logic project file in case the original one was corrupt.

In this track I've got some audio tracks, 2 instances of Battery, 2 instances of FM8, Kore, Massive, Kontakt & some external synth action all routed through Logic, my CPU is only showing about 25-35% usage so I know that it can handle it.

I've never had a problem as bad as this with the Virus before, I haven't even begun to start mixing the track yet but if I can't sort it out I'm not going to be able to - has anyone got any ideas?

I'm on a 3.2GHZ i3 iMac with 8G RAM OSX10.6.6 running Logic 9.1.3 by the way.

Last edited by Ruari : 05.05.2011 at 10:34 AM.