Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.07.2004, 05:28 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Virus and Digital Performer consoles

Has anyone created a custom control console for use in Digital Performer with the Virus? I have an Indigo II and I was thinkinking of making one. Their similar to virus Logic Environments.

p.s love that newborn photo
Old 16.07.2004, 03:18 AM
Pro
Pro

Default virus and dp

Hey monads, i use indigo 2 with dp4 too, never played with that custom control console. Make a console man.

Welcome
Old 16.07.2004, 04:45 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Yea I can't seem to find one. Although I've had my Indigo II for almost a year now, I'm relatively new to DP4 coming from Logic. The console feature in DP4 looks powerful and useful. If I can't find one I'll have to create one. I'll keep you posted.
Old 17.07.2004, 10:25 PM
Pro
Pro

Default dp

monads, how do you like the dp comparing to logic?
do you miss the vst support?
which one you prefer logic or dp so far?
Old 18.07.2004, 09:04 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

logic no longer supports vst...(if you use OS X, and you should be)

with either logic or dp you have to use a wrapper. The audioease vst-MAS wrapper works very well in DP4. fxpansions vst-au works well in logic and DP4.
Old 19.07.2004, 04:43 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Re: dp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzash
monads, how do you like the dp comparing to logic?
do you miss the vst support?
which one you prefer logic or dp so far?
I can say I like DP more. Logic still feels more like a Windows app than a Mac app (even though Apple recently acquired Emagic). I switched over because of one key feature, support for mulitple core audio drivers (which allows me use more than one audio interface simultaneously). I also have alot of Motu gear (896, 828mkII, microlite) which integrates very well. I'm still learning DP but things come to me easier than it did in Logic. I'm also discovering new features I like (i.e. multiple mixes/takes within a project, clipping window, midi effects, etc). The clipping window is really cool. You can save global stuff for use in other projects (sounds, effect chains, etc.)

Alot of people like Logic because of the bundled softsynths and plugs you get. No doubt this is better than DP, then again Logic is twice the cost. For me this wasn't a big issue because I didn't care for the Logic Softsynths. I use alot of outboard gear. Plus DP now supports Audio Units so I can still use my favorite plugs/softsynths if I wanted.

I hope this answers some questions and I didn't start a Logic vs. DP war Both apps are good but unfortunately you wont know which you like until you test drive them. And there are no demos available so you're forced to buy both or go to a friends house who has one or the other.

For me it's the DP way.