Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 24.10.2013, 09:33 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default [UNSOLVED] Virus TI2 Desktop always defaulting back to first preset

Hello everyone,

I tried searching through the forums to see if there was anything similar to the issue I'm having, unfortunately I was not able to find anything related to it. By all means, if I missed something, please point me to the thread and I'll check it out. I have already put in a trouble ticket request with Access but haven't heard back from them yet, and I tried posting on their support forum but it's currently locked out.

First some relevant info:
System: 2011 MacBook Pro 2.2ghz Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM
Mac OS: 10.7.5
Virus Version: TI2 Desktop
Virus OS: 5.0.4.02
DAW: Ableton 8

The problem:

Recently my TI2 has been having issues staying on the preset I want while I'm tweaking parameters. Whenever I stop the Ableton project while its playing to adjust anything, the moment I start it again (usually by pressing the Space Bar), the Virus TI2 will automatically default back to the first preset in the ROM bank I'm currently on. I have no idea why it's doing this, I didn't change anything within the settings of the Virus itself, nor have I updated or changed anything within Ableton or Mac OS. It is not plugged into a hub, it has its own dedicated USB port on my MacBook Pro.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, I have done the following:

1.) Shutting down Ableton and power cycling the TI2
2.) Restarting the computer and repeating Step 1
3.) Changing the USB cable
4.) Resorted to using the Virus TI2 without TI, instead hooking it's audio outputs into my sound card and MIDI cables into my MOTU Micro Express. Same problem occurred.

I also noticed that it now intermittently says "out of sync" when using the TI plugin. I'm aware this is a somewhat common issue, however the TI2 will still default to the first preset in the bank regardless of if I'm using TI or not.

Has anyone ever ran into this before? I've only owned it for 2 months and it's been working flawlessly up till now. Is there something I'm missing?...

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time!
Old 25.10.2013, 11:59 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I've never used Ableton but is it sending a bank/patch change message to your Virus?
Old 25.10.2013, 12:40 PM
Veteran
Veteran

There are some plug-ins or max devices to filter that sort of message. I believe it's been addressed on this forum, quite recently.