Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.03.2006, 08:43 PM
New here
New here

Default virus ti polar is confused

ok ive had my virus ti polar for about 2 months now and hav had no problems till now. basically its turns on fine and appears to work fine untill you u use the select buttons in the effects section of the virus hardware surface.

When you press (effects) SELECT instead of it scrolling through a menu for distortion, analogue boost, chorus and phaser it brings up the 'STORE SINGLE' page.

a similar sort of thing happens when pressing the effects SELECT button in the delay, reverb... section. This time the virus moves from single to multi mode.

these are the only buttons which dont do what they are supposed to be doing

Ive tried resetting the whole the unit but that doesnt seem to help. Ive installed an earlier and later os system.

Has anyone had or heard of this problem?
is there a way of doing a full facotry rest(the reset ive been doing is pressing arp edit button for a few seconds and then powering up with the transpose keys)

cheers
Old 16.03.2006, 09:03 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

dont press the transpose keys and arp edit keys at all...to factory reset only press the arp edit button whilst plugging in the virus from the mains...
cheers robbie uk.
Old 16.03.2006, 09:33 PM
New here
New here

ok im probably being an idiot here but i followed ur instruction and the the screen comes up with 'usb update mode'. Is that right? I assume you are then meant to use the update virus ti firmware
Old 16.03.2006, 09:49 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

ok just unplug the usb if you have it connected.
now unplug the virus so you have no power.
now press arp edit whilst plugging in the virus.
a blank screen will appear for around 2-3 seconds..
then the screen will have a date and o.s with VIRUS T.I in big letters with a line going from left to right.
your virus is now factory rest mate..now load in the software..
hope this helps.
cheers robbie uk
Old 17.03.2006, 06:12 PM
New here
New here

cheers for the reponse. Ive unplugged the usb cable followed the instructions. Im getting the original o.s system the virus i had came with but its still saying usb update mode at the bottom of the screen and doesnt allow me to actually load up anything. Ive tried updating the firmware but my problem still presists.
Old 17.03.2006, 08:41 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

what o.s are you using? are you on 1.09 or an earlier version?
to put the virus in update mode switch off at the mains.....
hold down the exit button next to the tap tempo button...
switch on the virus whilst holding down the exit button...
and BINGO...
cheers robbie uk
Old 18.03.2006, 04:29 PM
New here
New here

to be honest i think my virus is complety screwed up. Im getting the same messgae when i put the mains in and press 'arp edit' or 'exit' button, it comes up with usb update. I was orignally using 1.0.9 os when the problem occured so i tried reintalling it and then reinstaling an earlier version but nothing happens to change my problem. Its annoying cause everything works fine exepct for 4 buttons which dont do what they are supposed to do and send the virus crazy

Kinda sick of it now ive contacted access and they said just take it back to the where you bought it from which is pretty annoying as ive only had it a month and its essential to my live shows and by the sounds of it here im not the only one whos had problems but i guess thats my only option.

Cheers for you help tho