Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 19.09.2006, 07:07 PM
Pro
Pro

Default I have loads of cracked free software here!

Just kidding. How are ya mates?
I'm eating fishfingers and tomato here. Was listening to The La's again today. Must be my favourite band ever again.
Old 20.09.2006, 01:20 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

I'm awesome, Matt, thanks for asking!

I just renovated the layout of my den/studio/guest room.

I painted an old wooden dresser (that was in the studio) all white and put pretty knobs on it; it is now in my daughter's room.

I took the really cool maple changing table from her room, uninstalled the top frame and VOILA! The changing table is now a nice new stand for my 1200s and its coffin!

I also just tidied it up a bit in general...will post pics soon.

Oh, and I have sworn off alcohol for thirty days since Sunday.

Christmas is coming sooner than we think so I must save for some presents for the kids.

What's your favorite song by "The La's?"

Cheers!
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 20.09.2006, 09:00 AM

Life is dandy Matsa!

Been on location today with olympic swimmer Brooke Hanson:

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 20.09.2006, 09:30 AM
Pro
Pro

Alex, There She Goes is the most well known one. They only made one album, so there's not much to choose from! Everyone of them is a winner though. Have you ever heard it?

Nice work Jase! Is Brooke now a TV presenter?

Otherwise.. I started a new group at evening school last night. Total beginners. Got a Chinese bloke and a Venezuelan girl in the class, plus the usual assortment of Finnish suspects. Riotous fun. I love teaching beginners.

(Susan Rayner, age 10)
Old 20.09.2006, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsa
Alex, There She Goes is the most well known one. They only made one album, so there's not much to choose from! Everyone of them is a winner though. Have you ever heard it?

Nice work Jase! Is Brooke now a TV presenter?

Otherwise.. I started a new group at evening school last night. Total beginners. Got a Chinese bloke and a Venezuelan girl in the class, plus the usual assortment of Finnish suspects. Riotous fun. I love teaching beginners.
"There she goes" is the theme song from "So I Married an Axe Murderer" right?

I have not heard that album, but will definitely check it out.

Have you ever heard Chapterhouse (Pearl) or House of Love (Christine) or Kitchens of Distinction?

I listened to the hell out of them in the late eighties/early nineties.

Also there is a song on one of the later albums of The Church (Prist = Aura) titled "Feel" that was a killer track.

My studio is so fekking organizd now!

I was up until 1:00 AM getting it into tip top shape.

"Ein Platz fur alles und alles ins Platz!"

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 20.09.2006, 01:00 PM
Pro
Pro

It is indeed the theme tune from IMAAM. It's also the advertising jingle for Knorr soup in Finland. Which is funny, cos it's a song about heroin! Check the lyrics.

In fact, some kind soul seems to have uploaded the whole album here, but I noticed that you have to start with the last track first etc.

http://www.snapdrive.net/myfiles.php?folder=La%20s

Pics of your studio Alex please!

Old 20.09.2006, 02:43 PM
Administrator

I'm listening to Strapping Young Lad and ripping Bowie's The Buddha of Suburbia soundtrack to mp3's. My life is so exciting!
Old 20.09.2006, 10:12 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74

Have you ever heard Chapterhouse (Pearl)
I've got that CD at home, I can't remember it at all aside from knowing that it is shoe gazer stuff, I should rip it and listen to it again sometime.

do you like Ride, I keep going back to Going Blank Again, fantastic album.
Old 20.09.2006, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

I am bloody sad right now.. I haven't cried like this for ages.. My dog passed away today and it bloody hurts as hell and I can't belive that he's gone now.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 21.09.2006, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Damn, really sorry to hear that 303.

I know how you feel, you can get so darned attached to the little blighters. My last dog was my rock and best ever buddy, lol - george, a rescued cairn terrier, stunk to fuck as he had an incurable skin/hair disorder but i still loved him to death. He was my little sidekick, followed me literally everywhere. What killed me was that we had to give him steroid tablets (as a very last resort - believe me, we tried absolutely everything else first) to stop him manically scratching himself alive due to his skin problem, but the steroids eventually took its toll and made him lose his sight and started to cause liver failure. It absolutely killed me to the core to give him the tablets, but it was the only thing that gave him literally any quality of life for his latter several years - and the steroids really did help him massively in the interim.

The way I've come to accept it (after having and losing three dogs so far), we're always going to outlive dogs (and cats), and you can only do what you can while they're with you, and if they've had a good life with being with you that's all you can ever do. Sure leaves a hole on the carpet where you still expect to see them for a while, though. Had to get myself a new louder doorbell too, lol.

Sympathies and best wishes mate.