Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 30.08.2007, 02:33 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default [Unsolved] Help needed with Access Virus A midi controller problems..

So... I've spent the past three days searching for a solution for my problem and I can't seem to find anything anywhere. I recently purchased an access virus A desktop version, and along with it a Roland PK-5 footpedal midi controller. So, I hooked the Roland Midi Out to the Access Virus Midi input, and it's as simple as that, right? Apparently not. I read the manuel a few times and spent countless hours searching the parameters trying to see if there was a reason why there was no sound comming out of the virus. The virus identifies a signal from a midi controller but will not process the data into sound. So I called access virus about 50 times through the course of 3 days and NEVER got to talk to a human, but left messages everyday. So, I called every guitar center in the area looking for someone familiar with midi setup. I found a guy about an hour away from me, so I took my virus and my PK-5 up to him, and we both fiddled with it for an hour and a half. Nothing. We can't figure out why the thing wont make noise. So.. we've come down to this: either there's a weird software setting that is preventing the sound output.. or there's physical damage done to the synth. Do any of you know of some kind of setting that could compromise the sound of the virus? Or does it sound like a case of physical damage to the unit?

Last edited by mpregeant : 30.08.2007 at 02:39 AM. Reason: title edit
Old 30.08.2007, 12:53 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

First make sure that the Virus can output sound. Try playing the demo song or when you press "audition" (don´t know how to do this on a Virus A). Any sound comming out of it?

If no: Make sure the the master volume is not turned down (don´t just check the volume knob, there is a parameter named "master volume" i think).

If yes: Does your PK-5 sends note-on data to MIDI channel 1 (make sure it does)? I´m not sure you can change this on the Virus A but if you can check if your Virus "Global MIDI channel" is set to "1". If you have a keyboard with MIDI out you can try this. Even cheap toy keyboards sometimes have MIDI out so if you (or maybe the kids (if you have any)) have one check anyway...

By the way; why do you want to play with your feet?

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk