Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.02.2009, 03:44 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Joey
Default We can dream: Access Monosynth

So I've had a waldorf pulse for a while, which is easily my favorite monosynth that I've ever played (and I've played them all), and I can't help but think it would be great if access came out with their own analog monosynth

How ridiculous would that be!

Imagine a 3 VCO monosynth with analog filters modeled after the virus filters (selectable between 1-4 pole ala the little phatty)
analog saturation,
a mod matrix,
arpeggiator
and the FX section of the virus,
with a knob per function keyboard the size of the polar!

Priced around $1500 it would fucking dominate!

anyone else with me here on this dream?

No one cares, no one sympathizes.
So you just stay home and play synthesizers.

www.myspace.com/the_joey
www.myspace.com/blushresponsenyc
Old 02.02.2009, 07:26 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Are the oscs analog, too?
Old 02.02.2009, 07:35 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Sure why not? It would have the option to be Analog or digital... MonoEvolver-esque hybridization.
Old 02.02.2009, 08:00 PM
Very mucho Newbie

VCO = Analog.

www.myspace.com/the_joey
Old 02.02.2009, 08:37 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

The concept of modeling an analog filter from a digital one is amusing! Not poking fun. Just the total opposite of the norm and has some comedic value. But on a serious note, I think it would be extremely difficult to make an analog filter that sounds like the Virus filter.
Old 02.02.2009, 09:17 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
The concept of modeling an analog filter from a digital one is amusing! Not poking fun. Just the total opposite of the norm and has some comedic value. But on a serious note, I think it would be extremely difficult to make an analog filter that sounds like the Virus filter.
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to be a naysayer... I mean it's an analog synth modeled after a digital synth that was modeled after an analog synth...

it doesn't mean it couldn't happen or won't happen, but it doesn't seem to really be access's bag...
Old 02.02.2009, 10:14 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I stand by my vision/dream of a analog/digital hybrid Access monosynth. That would be a real blaster.
Old 03.02.2009, 02:33 AM
Very mucho Newbie

$1,500 is lot of dough... I think if they wanted to dominate thwy would go the route of $499 and make more/less a Dave Smith Instruments Mopho with TI integration and a prettier paint job.

Seriously though, in this economic climate a $1,500 mono synth just won't cut it. Thats $300 more than a Snow! How can Access market such an expensive mono synth when they have spent their entire existence promoting VA?

I like the idea but it would have to be at the aforemntioned price point or bust.
Old 03.02.2009, 02:51 PM
Very mucho Newbie

I dont really think so... It could be a competitor to the little phatty, and since it would offer more features than even the voyager, they would do way better

voyagers cost around 3 grand and you still see everyone picking one up

honestly though I just want to see an all analog monosynth from access, whether it is a rack unit with a software editor, a full fledged keyboard, or some desktop like the mopho, and I don't care the price point, but if they were to release a full fledged keyboard, it would defnitely have to be $1000 or above

someone mentioned above that theyd want to see an analog digital hybrid... and yeah I'd like to see that as well, a virus TI with analog filters would be perfect (ala the waldorf Q+).

www.myspace.com/the_joey
Old 03.02.2009, 03:44 PM
aTISHooo!
I am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
honestly though I just want to see an all analog monosynth from access, whether it is a rack unit with a software editor, a full fledged keyboard, or some desktop like the mopho, and I don't care the price point
Take the stickers that you got included with your Virus TI, and stick them on your favourite Monosynth, maybe the Pulse in your opinion.

I think that's probably the only way to get an Access branded Monosynth.

Personally I think the idea is redundant anyway as the Virus TI can produce Fantastic VA Mono/Poly sounds without expensive discrete components.
In my opinion the TI sounds better and has much wider expression and modulation than the synths it is loosely based on.

On a side note, I would love to get the Access controller to go with my OB Matrix 1000. I've been looking for an affordable one for years.