Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 24.10.2004, 06:14 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Input Follower will not work- Any Ideas?

Hi
I use a Virus C, and have been for about 2 years...maybe more...Ive never had any problems with any of the functions including using external inputs and the vocoder.

But I cant seem to get the input follower to work. I was trying to shape a lead sound to follow a bassline I'd made. Im inputing the bassline into input 1L....Input Follower is set to 1L. Input is 'off'....the gain is high enough. and Im playing a note on the midi keyboard....no sound!

any ideas?

Thanks
Royalston
Old 24.10.2004, 09:50 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Input Follower will not work- Any Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalston
Input Follower is set to 1L. Input is 'off'....
I think the problem is this. I think you should have an input selected also.
Old 24.10.2004, 01:35 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Don't forget to apply a modulation routing so that the Input Follower will actually affect something!

Env Amount is the most obvious place to start (make sure Cutoff is low enough to register an effect first).

If you want it to affect something other than the filter, then you need to assign Filter Envelope as the Source in the Mod Matrix..

(Input should remain 'Off' btw)

-=BC
Old 27.10.2004, 12:20 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Thanks Ben
Its working better now - maybe deep bass isnt the bass sound to try and use as an input follower. Its doesnt seem to provide the definition I was after.... I wanted "wobbly growling mid range buzzing" (a la Ed Rush and Optical - wormhole era) and I though this might be a way to get those kind of noises...maybe not

btw
Your patches rock - I must admit I use many of them in songs I write. There's too many good ones to mention individually. Its both an honour and kind of strange to have my question answered by the BC on my virus himself! There's too many good ones to mention - thanks

Royalston