Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.02.2005, 01:09 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to emperor
Default No noise when i reset my trinity sequencer and play Virus A?

Hi there i know there is a setting i should change to stop this happening but everytime i reset my Korg trinity sequnecer the sound goes off on my virus, the only way it doesnt do it, is if i turn off all recived program data on my trinity, which means i cant modulate anything, please be so kind to tell this midi dunce how to configure my virus A?

Thankyou for your time

Andy
Old 25.02.2005, 12:53 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

sounds like the trinity is sending a volume 0 command to the virus.
Old 25.02.2005, 01:07 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks tomer, would you you know anyway to remedy this please? Or is it a fault, actually it also resets all my synths to default and on the K station rack it takes all the effects off the current patch as well

thanks
Andy
Old 25.02.2005, 03:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

did you try initializing your device? the trinity...
Old 25.02.2005, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Hi Andy, I had exactly the same prob with my Trinity > Indigo, and it was a pain in the ass...

...However, you can cure it by going to the "CTRL" menu, and scrolling until you find the function: "Midi Control; LoPage" and then you can change this setting from "Contr" to "SysEx" and it should sort it.

Not sure what this setting actually does(!), but it does seem to cure the problem and essentially you can still play the Trinity's midi into the Virus as normal.
Old 25.02.2005, 05:43 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
...However, you can cure it by going to the "CTRL" menu, and scrolling until you find the function: "Midi Control; LoPage" and then you can change this setting from "Contr" to "SysEx" and it should sort it.

Not sure what this setting actually does(!), but it does seem to cure the problem and essentially you can still play the Trinity's midi into the Virus as normal.
LoPage is the first 128 parameters of the Virus (knobs, buttons, LFO-setting, etc.) and Hipage is the last 128 parameters (sent as polypressure info if set to "contr"). If controller data is sent to the virus on a parameter in the LoPage section the sound of the Virus will remain unaffected if LoPage is set to SysEx because controller data is ignored with this setting. The same goes for sending controller data from the Virus so if you plan on recording knob movements in a sequenser from the Virus or you want to control other devices with the Virus?s knobs you will have to set LoPage to "contr".
Here?s the way data is sent and recived:

LoPage="Contr": Both SysEx and Controller data is recived, Controller data is sent.
LoPage="SysEx": Only SysEx data is recived, SysExdata is sent.
HiPage="Contr": Both SysEx and Polypresure data is recived, Polypresure data is sent
HiPage="SysEx": Only SysEx data is recived, SysExdata is sent.

I strongly recomend reading the section "MIDI" in the chapter "multimode & System Setup" in the manual.

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 25.02.2005, 09:52 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Hey thanks you guys im just about to power everything up, and mess around with each mudule as it does something to all the equipment.

Well got the virus sorted thanks for that , but now Im trying to find the same application on my K station rack, which aint responding, have to traul the net, as its not covered in the manual

Cheers for all your help