Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.03.2005, 06:45 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default How is the Virus Powercore?

I was considering purchasing the Virus Powercore for my studio while waiting another month and a half for the Virus TI Keyboard.

Should I, shouldn't I? Are there issues with it? etc.... Anyone here use it yet?
Old 11.03.2005, 06:57 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Do you already own a powercore?
What is your soundcard?

If you already own a powercore and your soundcard doesnt have issues with it, then the Virus Powercore is OK. There was sync issues and strange bugs reported on http://www.powercore.noheaven.com/index.php so I would suggest reading a few topics there first

All in all I'm sure it's a good buy but it doesnt seems to work too well with the emu1820.
Old 11.03.2005, 07:08 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
Do you already own a powercore?
What is your soundcard?
I have the FULL Powercore Firewire Rackmount version. My soundcard is a RME HDSP 9652. Awesome sound card. It would be hosted in Cubase SX3.
Old 11.03.2005, 07:10 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

EnjoyRC......with that kinda spec...u must produce all your music yourself? If so.....that really rocks!

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 11.03.2005, 07:19 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
EnjoyRC......with that kinda spec...u must produce all your music yourself? If so.....that really rocks!

DS
Yes, thanks, what you heard the other day, I composed, performed, engineered, produced all of it.
Old 11.03.2005, 08:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The virus powercore is OK. I used to own it for about 6 months before I sold it when the TI was announced. It does have some bugs depending on which OS you plan to use it with. But the main thing that pissed me off was the limitations. 16 poly is fuck all on a pre-TI virus, as unison chomps them all up EASILY. So any decent pad patch is fucked on anything more than a triad chord. And remember those 16 poly are spanned across 4 outputs. And if you want more you have to buy the multi dsp licence which sucks a bit. It still sounds shit hot, but its nothing and I repeat nothing on what the TI will be. If you can get it cheap enough its worth getting just to have a mess about with though.

ten
Old 11.03.2005, 09:00 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Not really cheap, around $350 USD. Which I may never recover on resale. But, my writing style is definitely changing to more of a Dance/Trance style. My Korg Karma & Korg MS2000 keyboards do an ok job... but not quite what I'm looking for. The closest I have at the moment is Linplug's Albino 2 or Spectrasonics Atmosphere. Yet, for live performances, I want real hardware, not a VSTi.

I've played the Waldorfs, Nords, Virus C's and Virus Classics in the stores. Wow, that's what got me hooked on Virus. Then I saw the announcement for the TI series. I immediately preordered one. Now the hunger is driving me crazy. All my writing is simply a foundation... waiting for the Virus to be incorporated. I'm half tempted to purchase a used Virus on eBay at a good price, then resell it in a couple months. I should be able to sell it at or above the price I paid for it. Unless the price starts diving because the TI line is out.

Decisions... Decisions....
Old 12.03.2005, 02:23 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Wow, downloaded the Virus Powercore Demo... Now I really want my Virus TI. The demo was awesome but it is really crippled. Stops after 60 seconds, only 4 voices, etc... But, I got to hear the oscilators.