Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.04.2007, 08:24 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default basic questions

Hi,
i'm going to buy an access virus ti,
and i have some very basic (and perhaps stupid) questions about it:
- if i load the virus control plugin and tweak the virus ti knobs, everything is recorded in the sequencer (i use ableton live)? Don't need to tweak them with mouse, right?
- Can i save a virus patch in the software and then save it to the virus so i can load it without the mac?
- The patch randomizer, i've read about it in the manual, do you use it? Is it useful?
Thanks for any feedback. Can't wait to get it!
Robert
Old 20.04.2007, 06:27 PM
New here
New here

1 - Parameter automation is standard, and can be done from tweaking knobs. There have been problems with some software platforms in the past (logic) recording automation in this fashion, but they seem to have gone away, as I automate this way regularly. You can also automate within individual tracks, or using the mouse in virus control. Three different methods.

2 - Yes. I do most of my patch editing in Virus Control and save them to my library. Then I simply drag and drop all the patches I need immediately accessible into the Virus' RAM banks. Piece of cake.

3 - I haven't played much with the patch randomizer, but I think you'll find with the huge patch library you won't need it.

Glad to answer any more questions you might have.

Cheers