Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.03.2006, 10:19 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Yeh - the first time I thought the timing was just screwed up, then it quickly became evident what was actually happening - I had thought I had got around it somehow (but I guess not) - it was months ago that I last tried using arp send.
Old 17.03.2006, 10:29 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
"Thank you for your mail. In this case I'd recommend to use the multimode and to use one PART to trigger the internal notes of the Indigo 1 and a 2nd PART with the particular Arpeggiator patch, that then transmits the Midi notes of the arpeggiator.

The Virus allows you to set whether a PART transmits Midi or if a PART doesn't. In Single Mode the Virus definitely will send out both the Arp and the notes triggering the ARP, if it also works as a masterkeyboard.
"
If it's by design, then it's intended behavior, and not a bug. But that is not elaborated on in this response mail.

This may not be what the TI users desire... so SHOUT! (to Access-Music support!!!)
Old 17.03.2006, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektrobolt
If it's by design, then it's intended behavior, and not a bug. But that is not elaborated on in this response mail.

This may not be what the TI users desire... so SHOUT! (to Access-Music support!!!)
Erm no - you can have bugs in implementation, and you can have bugs in design, but the implementation of the buggy design was correct

Therefore still a bug - but you cant blame the dev guys for this one
Old 18.03.2006, 12:17 AM
Am starting to like this forum

If they don't fix the bugs in 1.1 they should quit as a company. I see many frustrated users as time goes by and I want to shout: Fuck you access. Give us a stable TI or go to hell. I've had enough with your total disintegration. And don't tell me that I've got to update to sp2 beacuse your machine isn't stable enough to deal with my midi interface.
Old 18.03.2006, 12:58 AM

Can allways tell when the sun has gone down...
Old 18.03.2006, 09:12 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
Quote:

Erm no - you can have bugs in implementation, and you can have bugs in design, but the implementation of the buggy design was correct

Therefore still a bug - but you cant blame the dev guys for this one
I didn't dispute that you can not have bugs here or there (at ANY stage in development), but that IF something is "made by design", then it is not a bug, merely a behavior that is intended to be that way (and of course then, not necessarily satisfactory to end users).

Kind of like Microsoft. They do a lot of things that may appear to be bugs, but when researched, they're found to be "by design", hence not a bug.

I also did state that; whether this particular behavior (arp/action transmission) is caused by design, the mail did not say...
Old 18.03.2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Kind of like Microsoft. They do a lot of things that may appear to be bugs, but when researched, they're found to be "by design", hence not a bug.
Well - they try, but dont allways get it right either - they just have alot more people to argue about it with
Old 19.03.2006, 01:24 AM
Am starting to like this forum

LMFAO someone doesnt have sp2 yet? JESUS. What are you doing on the internet? LOL.
Old 19.03.2006, 07:47 AM

Hey I was running Windows 98se on my Daw until about a week ago! If things are wroking perfectly I feel there is little reason to upgrade. Still though, now that I have a computer which has a bit more guts, I probably should have upgraded a few years back.

Actually speaking of Windows....Who was it here that is working for Microsoft? I'm sure someone mentioned they were. Anyway I got myself an English copy XP sent from home for my new DAW. Is there any other way to register it without going online or ringing the toll number?

I don't like setting up anything other than music software on my DAW, and I don't wanna pay a toll to register XP, when XP already costs as much as it does.

Sorry to highjack the thread a little, but who was that??
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 19.03.2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Actually speaking of Windows....Who was it here that is working for Microsoft? I'm sure someone mentioned they were. Anyway I got myself an English copy XP sent from home for my new DAW. Is there any other way to register it without going online or ringing the toll number?
Its me.

You can also activate by modem - heres a support article on it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890