Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.06.2006, 06:52 PM
New here
New here

Default Any service centers or capable users in KC who can?

Get the xtra sound banks loadedinto my Virus Kc? Everyone I've asked and shown the instructions to for loading the rest of sound banks Access decided not to load at factory says they cant do it. Is too difficult. Called Access they where no help at all. Claimed its easy, anyone could do it. That rubbish. My nternetsystem webtv doesnt allow for downloads like that so need someone with puter that has right software for doing the download either online or with the cd that. People I've asked who do computer based music sequncing etc said they cant do it either Even though I offer to pay them well for the favor. So wheredo I find a service center near kansas city that can erform this supposedly easy service task of replaceig the demo song with the rest of sound banks E-H? Thank you.
Old 16.06.2006, 08:59 PM
This forum member lives here

They should just be .sys or .mid files that you use in your sequencer to replace existing banks. I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to do.
Old 16.06.2006, 10:38 PM
New here
New here

merlot > I dont use a sequencer. No computer used in any of my music. Just plays and creates with it the old fashioned way with fingers on the keys, knobs etc. Everyone I've asked who do have a computer with sequncer and midi ability has said they cant do it. Including two who play live electronica with external controllers and laptops. I simply want to know where I can find either a service center near kansas city or virus user near me who can do the download ect if I bring them the synth and its disk and pay them standard service center charges for such services. I dont know anyone who has any skill at all with useing computers with synths when it comes to doing this supposedly simple task. And those I know with lotsa computer skills dont play music with it.

Local computer store with a guy who has his own home studio bussiness with compueter based music production wasnt wilig to try it either. Even for $100 payment as a client fee! Said was more difficult to do then manual claims.

What really po's me is that Access didnt have the courtesy of having all the sound banks installed at factory. Is stupid of them to think all buyers are going to use a computer with their synth and are allready rather knowledgeable about useing sequencers etc with them. There attitude on phone when called last year was bassically its just too bad if your not allready equited with a puter with all the needed connections & cables etc for conectng to synth etc and software for sequencers and know how to use it all yourself.

Lets say you have no computer. Or no experience with sequencers. And zero interest in useng that for music. The cost as best I can figure to make my laptop for this is several hundred dollars and many hours learning how to make it all work. And apparently its harder to do thenmost want me to believe including Access. Cause as I stated originally the people in bands I know who use computers, sequencers, and external controllers, have all said they could not do it cause is too complicated for them.

So where does one find a service center for Access near KC? I'd given up on getting this supposedy easy task done after feww months last year. But hoped the unofficail access forum might be able to help me find a place where I could get the sound banks loaded.
Old 16.06.2006, 11:38 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

I'll help you but you have to do the work yourself, sorry unless you want to come to Scotland

I don't understand this one, You manage to send an email to a list so must be able to get on a computer. That is the first step, The next is you must buy a computer cable that connects to your synth.( Midi)

Take your pick
http://search.ebay.com/midi-cable_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Now we have to be able to update your synth, If you want send me a link to the readme file for your update and I'll help you undertand what you need to do. But I'd think it should explain it itself. But if you really don't understand let me know when you can connect your synth to the PC via this very cheap cable

Software can be done with MIDI-OX usually or even if you set up windows media player it should do it.

If all you want is the new sounds mate it is very easy, if it is the new os then that shouldn't be that bad, even if it goes wrong many people here have done it all so you'll be safe.

You'll need to be able to get the midi connections first, even borrow your friends interface if they are willing.

Cheers
kris
Old 16.06.2006, 11:39 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

sorry all my posts come through twice
Old 17.06.2006, 02:20 AM
New here
New here

Bishop > Thank you for the offer. Webtv my internet browser has no such ability. Can only browse internet, do email, do irc chatrooms, make webpages. But not download any such files. Its an internet appliance, not a computer as such. Had a laptop, but got rid of it cause found no real use for it. So I have no computer now. Just internet browser webtv. Its a unit that plugs into regular television for monitor and phone line for internet. Nifty basic browser but no place to even plug anythng else in nor load even cds.

So in most basic sense I dont have the kind of internet acesss required for downloading files from access website, nor anyplace at all to plug a cable between it and synth.

And no one that I know who does have a computer who does anything music related to it with fruity loops or any other puter make music system, is able to do it. If I lived in scotland nearby I'd be happy to bring synth by and let you add the extra sound banks and upgrade the OS from the out of box one it has on it. OS 5.5, 17.02.03.293

So take it there are no american access service centers then?
Old 17.06.2006, 04:28 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I see. so you just use your normal TV option. I see what your problem is now. Now do you have any friends who have a regular PC/mac? (PC prefered as I know nothing about macs )

They don't have to use it for music or anything, they just have to have a USB port but... don't worry even if they don't then you can get a cable that has a serial cable (connects to any soundcards joystick port) MIDI-ox is free to download and can be removed straight away.

I'm off the net for a couple of days, I'll be back monday night PM me if you can get hold of any PC connected to the net. (Or even just a PC and if you have enough patience then I'll burn the files to CD and send you them (snail mail). But sure you can find a PC somewhere to download, even go to an internet cafe? school college, library

Raking my brain to think of a solution, come on folks, someone live close and help?

Personally I'd look at buying a cheap PC, they are cheap here so you must be able to get them cheaper, it can be very low spec to do what you need at the moment, you can always send it on later.

Man I hope the new OS is woth it for you
Cheers
Kris
Old 17.06.2006, 05:54 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm
merlot > I dont use a sequencer. No computer used in any of my music. Just plays and creates with it the old fashioned way with fingers on the keys, knobs etc. Everyone I've asked who do have a computer with sequncer and midi ability has said they cant do it. Including two who play live electronica with external controllers and laptops. I simply want to know where I can find either a service center near kansas city or virus user near me who can do the download ect if I bring them the synth and its disk and pay them standard service center charges for such services. I dont know anyone who has any skill at all with useing computers with synths when it comes to doing this supposedly simple task. And those I know with lotsa computer skills dont play music with it.

Local computer store with a guy who has his own home studio bussiness with compueter based music production wasnt wilig to try it either. Even for $100 payment as a client fee! Said was more difficult to do then manual claims.

What really po's me is that Access didnt have the courtesy of having all the sound banks installed at factory. Is stupid of them to think all buyers are going to use a computer with their synth and are allready rather knowledgeable about useing sequencers etc with them. There attitude on phone when called last year was bassically its just too bad if your not allready equited with a puter with all the needed connections & cables etc for conectng to synth etc and software for sequencers and know how to use it all yourself.

Lets say you have no computer. Or no experience with sequencers. And zero interest in useng that for music. The cost as best I can figure to make my laptop for this is several hundred dollars and many hours learning how to make it all work. And apparently its harder to do thenmost want me to believe including Access. Cause as I stated originally the people in bands I know who use computers, sequencers, and external controllers, have all said they could not do it cause is too complicated for them.

So where does one find a service center for Access near KC? I'd given up on getting this supposedy easy task done after feww months last year. But hoped the unofficail access forum might be able to help me find a place where I could get the sound banks loaded.
pm me, I know a guy in the kansas city area who "may" be able to help you, no guarantees, but it is a lead non the less

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 17.06.2006, 03:57 PM
New here
New here

aisling > Ty, pm sent with contact info for him.
Old 17.06.2006, 04:01 PM

No one will dump your banks for $100??????

Damn!

cheers

Blay