Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.10.2005, 10:28 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I am also experiencing an early record when using analog outs via the vctonrol.

Say you have a sequence playing back to OUT1 L/R and in perfect time because of delay comp, when you come to record it the audio is recorded slightly before the coresponding midi track its taking the note info from. Its like when you come to record the track the delay is not being compensated any more. Here is a pic to show what I mean...

The top track is the midi file thats being played, the one under it the audio track its being recorded to. As you can see the wave starts a fair bit before the actual midi track making it completely out of sync.

On a side note, a lot of the problems I was having with audio glitches and arp timing SEEMS to have been fixed by turning off 'legacy usb support' in the bios. I will do some more tests over the next week but you might want to tell users experiencing the same things I was to try this as its made mine a whole lot better. This early record thing and notes getting stuck (very frequently) are still happening though.

ten
Old 09.10.2005, 10:38 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

ten: I know for sure there was an early midi bug in Cubase in versions before 3.1 but it might be related to the midi stamp...

Start---> All Programs ---> Steinberg Cubase SX3 ---> Documentation ---> Midi Port Filter.

Maybe you already checked that out, if it's the case then I'm sorry...just trying to help
Old 09.10.2005, 11:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks for the tip. didnt fix it though....this is more to do with audio recording than midi recording. Cheers anyhow!

ten
Old 09.10.2005, 11:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The analog outs always sound early on playback (and hence in record i guess) as they are being delay compensated unnecessarily. Recording via the VC is intended for the usb outs - if you wish not to use these, then Multi Mode might be the way to go?
Old 09.10.2005, 11:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Thats not quite right, not on my setup anyhow. The analog outs sound perfectly in sync on playback through the virus control at any latency in sx3.1 on my system anyway. Thats why its so cool. Normally ext synths are totally out of sync unless you have direct hardware monitoring enabled and then you cant have plugins on the audio chans.

Do you think it would be possible to add someway of turning off delay compensation on the vcontrol so you can record in time using the analog outs? This would be the best of both worlds, using the vcontrol to setup patches etc for analog outs, hearing them in sync while mixing, then switch of f delay comp to record them. A lot nicer than saving the patch to a hardware bank, switching to multimode, loading it, not being to edit it via vcontrol anymore. Might be asking a lot here but it would be so much nicer running and recording all outputs from the vcontrol totally.

ten
Old 10.10.2005, 01:17 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Ten, there is the 'delay comp' on/off button in Cubase, have you tried that when you record?
Old 10.10.2005, 01:26 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yea, makes no diff unfortunately..

ten
Old 10.10.2005, 01:59 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

ten: Is the offset in the recorded audio events always the same or is it different each time?
Old 10.10.2005, 03:37 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Thats not quite right, not on my setup anyhow. The analog outs sound perfectly in sync on playback through the virus control at any latency in sx3.1 on my system anyway. Thats why its so cool. Normally ext synths are totally out of sync unless you have direct hardware monitoring enabled and then you cant have plugins on the audio chans.
Are you routing back the TI into your ASIO sound card? Because if I understand everything correctly I have the problem the other way round. I use Nuendo 3.1 with RME MADI stuff going into a DM2000 and all external synths are connected directly to the mixer, not to the ASIO card. The synths are always in sync MIDI-wise, because Nuendo correctly delays the MIDI output on the four AMT8 interfaces. The only synth which now is out of sync is the TI Polar when using with V-Control and the digital output - it is much to early during playback.
Old 10.10.2005, 05:20 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Madstation, its always the same.

nkf, yes its connected directly to my rme fireface. As I mentioned, it plays back in perfect sync through the vcontrol using the analog outs, but when you record the same track to audio its early like in the picture I put up.

Ive found a temp solution, Voxengos sample delay plug. Putting that on the audio track and delaying it by 2048 seems to bring the recorded track pretty much dead sync again, although I would love to be able to do this via vcontrol or have a switch to turn delay comp off.

ten