Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.11.2005, 01:28 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkmaster
just got my TI keyb last night. running winxp sp2. athlon 3600+/msi neo4 2xpci-X. logic splatnium 551
Just out of interest are you runing on Fat32 or NTFS ??

Buy the way my Ti is running well wicked...(Shit were going to put Ben out-a-job if this keeps up)

NTFS forever!

Hey... i'm actually still kind of a logic newb when it comes to advanced environment stuff. Can anyone provide me with a link or a quick tutorial about how to do stem mixing in 551?

(I like the sound of the virus D/A converters so far and id like to sum my virus tracks digitally, then add that virus stem + my perc + bass with a nice analog mixer or gain summing unit )

goddamn it i wants to go home and use the precious TI!
Old 19.11.2005, 02:27 PM

So glad this thread has come back to life. Sounds like all the 5.5.1 phreaks are so busy making their TIs work, that they haven't got time to hang out in forums

Check this out though... I fished an old, half-broken, Dell Pentium 1 laptop out of the bin at work, and installed Logic 5.5.1 and Virus Control, and it worked!!! (Although don't expect miracles).

So (don't laugh), here's my "current" PC spec...

5 year-old clapped out Dell latitude Cpt / 500MHz celeron (ugh!) processor / 196Mb RAM (not even the min spec for XP) / faulty keyboard / no sound card / Win XP SP1 / FAT 32 / strange buzzing sound coming out of the chassis... / Logic 5.5.1 / TI v 1.06

Works!

Rock on 5.5.1

Mr O
Old 19.11.2005, 05:42 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

hey mr orange,

glad to see you writing again on this TOPIC.

with your real set up how is the TI fairing with LOGIC 5.5.1.
I HAVE PUT MY DEPOSIT on the TI AND WAITING for the all clear to buy it when everything is pretty well fixed. i am not good at all this and have to wait.
Old 20.11.2005, 11:28 PM
Infektion taking hold...

well after some more experimenting, virus control is still working for me but just not reliably enough yet to write a track with so im going to be using the midi cables and analogue in/outs for a while

sometimes it just switches to an -init- style buzzing sound and i have to restart logic...quite annoying. Get little pops and clicks here and there which arent desirable in a mixdown either.

if anyone can tell me how to adjust the delay of virus control so it will sit in time with the rest of my audio/vst tracks it would be much appreciated....are there any delay compensation plugins?

have a nice day
-Dan
Old 21.11.2005, 07:37 PM

Technomonster wrote:

Quote:
with your real set up how is the TI fairing with LOGIC 5.5.1.
Not sure I'm your best role model here, since I'm still pretty happy with my midi setup. I was just enjoying experimenting with what is and isn't possible, and was also keen to see what all the 'virus control' fuss is about.

In my "real" set up, I can hook up just about any old PC running Logic, since midi sequencing demands hardly any processing power.

I still want to wait a little longer until most of the bug reports have settled down before engaging with some more serious experimentation with virus control. I don't want to screw my head up feeling like I 'need' to get this or that to work, when my midi set up works fine for me right now.

However, there does seem to be a growing band of people, both on this forum and on the ampfea mailing list (such as Ben Crossland and Girl Next Door), who are successfully using virus control with Logic 5.5.1.

Remember though, the REALLY great thing about this synth is how it sounds! It's a monster synth with all the playability you could wish for! Go get one.

IMHO, the TI bit is just icing on the cake that can help with workflow.

Mr O
Old 21.11.2005, 09:35 PM
Infektion taking hold...

got a bit of feedback from access telling me to enable plugin delay compenstation

Options>Preferences>Audio Preferences>Plug-in delay compensation.

this fixed heaps up bounce now works fine, no more pops and clicks (granted i wasnt stressing the TI too much...only like 4 channels going, but it was working great)

its unreal though...arps in sync, multi channel virus controlled i see so much potential

the *only* problem now is that after like 30 mins (sometimes more, sometimes less) it will crash and die via explosion, a loud -INIT- style buzzing sound or no sound (even though it says its receiving midi)

once this is sorted out im running free anyone have any ideas on this? or is it a known bug....? it usually happens on patch change (either through virus control or on the ti itself) but sometimes happens when its running free and im not even interacting with it.

im probably going to go to mister oranges setup too until its all worked out...any trouble recording automation this way mate?

thanks in advance

have a nice day
-Dan
Old 21.11.2005, 10:12 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Orange
Technomonster wrote:

However, there does seem to be a growing band of people, both on this forum and on the ampfea mailing list (such as Ben Crossland and Girl Next Door), who are successfully using virus control with Logic 5.5.1.
It is running well But now and then the apreggiator starts losing itself.But if you do a "Save as" at the bottom of the Ti VSTi window and reload the setting, it then corrects itself.Bit of a pain in the arse but only takes 2 seconds still better than firing down and back up again(Hopefully this will be corrected in the future)..And the save button does not work next to the load button on the left hand side on each track/part,we click it and nothing happens,it used to work but not anymore(so we just drag and drop from the track/part into the main list of the current preset in the main window,that also works)..We sent an E-mail to access with this problem but ain't got a answer yet...
Apart from that its running well....
Here is a tip for all you trance monsters out there to double the speed of your trance and still keep it at 136-140 BPM...Turn on your apreggiator with a mental Saw sound,Bang up your apreggiator to 1 over 32 not the normal 1 over 16, then play your keyboard so it only lets out 2 sounds on each key press (Its hard because its very quick so you will Probably have to draw in the data in the Matrix)
sounds good don't it ???
Or play/record a tune/Midi data then switch on the apreggiator as mentioned above,then shorten the notes in the matrix till they only let out 2 apreggiator sounds on each note...

We love it....................
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 21.11.2005, 10:25 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

also, has anyone ever heard of this???? if we had loads of VSTis running especially the Z3ta+ we sometimes got memory warnings in 5.5.1. also we had to but our Latency up on our MOTU 828 MK2 cause we were getting Asio warnings......
You will never guess what it was......... RAM !!! even though we had all Infineon in there (1x 1024, 2x 512) all DDR400s. one of them was F***ing us around .(it wasn't nackered)....Whats that all about??? took it out and bobs your uncles cat.
Old 22.11.2005, 06:49 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

why do you need to run zeta+ when youve got a virus ti???? z3ta /albino2 = wannabe virus... seriously.

tb-303 devilfish + virus ti + emu command station w/world kit + 88 key keyboard + mackie srm-450 = heaven

I trying to squeeze my nord g2 in there - but it is a bit frankenstein.

Hi all, I just wanted to add that I am back on trusty logic 5.5 pc after owning a powerbook + logic 7.1... I sold my powerbook because I couldnt justify keeping it just for logic, especially since they are so wishy washy going to intel and such.. not to mention that annoying xskey just waiting to break off my usb port.. I also wanted to try a bunch of crazy vst's on pc only to find they dont sound nearly as good as my ti... went to cubase sx3, hated it, then to ableton 5.2, with soso results...I concluded that ableton is not song oriented enough for me so now I am back on logic 5.5 on a pIII laptop windows 2000, with a little extra $$ in my pocket. Logic 5.5 roks and is suprisingly more stable than logic 7... I do wish they would have kept the pc version going but oh well. Logic 5.5 is good for me. I do hope access realizes that 5.5 is still being used.

-paul
Old 22.11.2005, 09:39 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesinspace
why do you need to run zeta+ when youve got a virus ti???? z3ta /albino2 = wannabe virus... seriously.
There are some Great VSTi Plugs out there...2 of which you have mentioned, also the minimonsta,Blue,Korg and the Spectrasonic stuff.
Don't be so narrow minded Explore