Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 22.06.2010, 10:11 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPi View Post
I meant that as a VA synth, the Blofeld is no match for the complexity of the other two. Its wavetables aren't of any particular interest to me. If you want a digital synth, there are far more sophisticated products on the market in the softsynth arena, particularly Alchemy, Omnisphere and Absynth.
Im in the market for a new VA and was wondering what made you say the Radias is far more powerful than the Blofeld? Im thinking of using a VA as a standalone synthesised percussion unit being controlled completely by my NI Maschine. I do mainly detroit & minimal style techno and want a machine that is very good at doing synthetic percussion sounds.

Of the two which would you recommend the most and Why?
Old 22.06.2010, 10:12 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI View Post
Blofeld rules...just take the time...really powerfull synth
How is it for synthetic percussion?
Old 22.06.2010, 12:48 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Why don't you try out Largo, first! Different than a Blofeld, (which i have and love, by the way! It's very gritty, also nice and harsh, Bass is nice and slippy) Largo will give you a good idea as to what sort of sound you can get from the Blofeld.
Old 28.06.2010, 11:26 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

If you already have a Virus and don't care for presets, look into the Future Retro XS. It'll get you laid (with gearheads)
Old 10.07.2010, 06:58 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Man, i own a Blofeld and believe me it's an absolute killer beast.
It's filters are razorblades.

I know my Virus TI also has wavetables, but the Blofeld has not only the PPG and Wave wavetables : you can import your own wavetables via USB, and with the license SL (which i have) you can import 60 Mb of samples to use together with the analog and wavetable parts.

I'd say you give it a try.
Old 10.09.2012, 10:14 AM
Pro
Pro

This is an old thread I pulled up again.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I eventually got a Mopho.
I do love the sound of it but I have had troubles using it properly. It is a known issue with many users that the mopho desktop has issues with the midi implementation in many DAWs...something about scaling...but basically automating effectively on the Mopho has evaded Me this far...its been 2 years that I have had it, but due to this issue, I have barely used it....I really wanna get the most out of it cause it sounds great.
Any Mopho users here that have some ideas or workarounds or solutions ?
I use Fl studio.

Thanks
Old 11.09.2012, 12:18 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post
This is an old thread I pulled up again.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I eventually got a Mopho.
I do love the sound of it but I have had troubles using it properly. It is a known issue with many users that the mopho desktop has issues with the midi implementation in many DAWs...something about scaling...but basically automating effectively on the Mopho has evaded Me this far...its been 2 years that I have had it, but due to this issue, I have barely used it....I really wanna get the most out of it cause it sounds great.
Any Mopho users here that have some ideas or workarounds or solutions ?
I use Fl studio.
As a fellow FLStudio user I'd be interested in what you learn on this, since I've been eyeballing one of these or a Tetra. I recently bought my dream home, and will be turning one of the extra rooms into my dream studio over time, including some new hardware boards, and this one's on the candidate list.

I sometimes wonder if FLStudio is just more fidgety than most DAWs when it comes to hardware... Even when I load up Logic on the Mac, and plug my controller into it, the after touch and everything just works and has a different feel, much more expressive... I can even plug in the USB cable while Logic is running and it just works, I've never been able to do that with FLS. I sometimes wonder if using Logic would alleviate some of the pains I saw with the Virus. I'm sure my studio will be primarily PC based, however.
Old 10.10.2012, 08:45 AM
Pro
Pro

Hi MBTC
I have come across a few decent VST's for the Mopho. They are able to sort out this scaling issue in FL studio. Automation also works well with the VST's.
Not all the VSt's made for the mopho are good at sorting out the issue.
Only 2 so far, that I have come across do the job well. There is a demo version for one of them too...U could try it out.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/mophoed-by-mkdr

I have read about other solutions too...Such as using a behringer BCR2000 midi controller along with the Mopho in FL studio. Google it for more info..

Another VST which supposedly works is available for $ 50-70 ..No demo to verify though...

http://rekonaudio.com/index.php?page...hk=1&Itemid=29

Hope this Helps

Old 10.10.2012, 01:04 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

The scaling issue is common to all DSI synths. It's because MIDI CCs have only 127 steps and some of the DSI parameters have a wider range (higher resolution)

Have you tried setting up the assignable knobs and recording Mopho MIDI out into your DAW while you twist knobs as the sequence plays back?
Old 10.10.2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post
Hi MBTC
I have come across a few decent VST's for the Mopho. They are able to sort out this scaling issue in FL studio. Automation also works well with the VST's.
Not all the VSt's made for the mopho are good at sorting out the issue.
Only 2 so far, that I have come across do the job well. There is a demo version for one of them too...U could try it out.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/mophoed-by-mkdr

I have read about other solutions too...Such as using a behringer BCR2000 midi controller along with the Mopho in FL studio. Google it for more info..

Another VST which supposedly works is available for $ 50-70 ..No demo to verify though...

http://rekonaudio.com/index.php?page...hk=1&Itemid=29

Hope this Helps

Definitely, thanks for the info!