Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.11.2005, 01:21 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Arrrgh TI Bugs!!!

I really, really am trying to work with thing keeping in mind that the TI is still in it infancy, but these issues (and the resultant loss of work) is really starting to get old. My current issue has to do with the loss of sound sync between the hardware TI and the VC. Essentially what is shown on the TI is different than the sound being shown in the VC. I can reproduce this every time I work with it. Is this an SX 3.1/VC issue? I don't remember having it before 1.06. I know it's not my system because I essentially spent two days tearing it apart with the last TI problem before getting a confirmation of the bug here. Bah!
Old 20.11.2005, 02:38 PM
Pro
Pro

That bug is mentioned in the Sound on Sound review - it happened to the guy testing the Polar.
Old 20.11.2005, 02:45 PM

That bug I can live with, this next one I can't. Sound just cuts out. Completely out, without me doing anything. Playing along in cubase just fine, working on a song. The sound is coming out just fine - controlling it from a midi track in cubase. Everything is working fine, I'm jaming along with my controller keyboard, just sending midi to the TI. Without doing anything different all of a suddend the sound from the TI cuts out. Cubase shows sending and receiving midi. My other VSTIs and hardware are still working just fine.

Edit - it is just that one track that I was jamming on. I beginning to narrow the sound cut out issue to tracks that I have the arp on (and in this case a customized arp). Once again, another hour of tweaking gone.
Old 20.11.2005, 10:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I get this bug every now and then.
The work around fix is..
If it's Virus control: Save a fxp. Power off the TI (with the transpose buttons). wait 2 seconds. Power on the TI. Wait for Virus Control to reconnect. Open the fxp you saved, otherwise some settings default like USB out instead of analog out.

I think the bug happend to me in single mode once also.
The fix, change patches, change back.
Old 21.11.2005, 04:25 AM

I didn't even think about saving it as a fxb. Great suggestion.
Grs, are you able to do a single sound sysex dump like Ben is into your sequencer?
Old 21.11.2005, 07:15 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Haven't tried, but I was trying to save Value 1, Value3 knob automation on part 6 in VC but no luck. I did how ever manage to save cutoff automation on part 16 in VC which turned out pretty cool. Also Hypersaw density automates pretty well.
Old 21.11.2005, 07:17 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Doc, every problem you've mentioned I've had at one time or another. But not all the time. It seems the more your CPU and PCI are stressed the more errors occur. Now I solo and print every part and freeze vst fx more often and keep my CPU below 20% then I get less VC bugs.