Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.01.2004, 06:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Sounddiver problem!

Hi....
Anybody had problems with the Sounddiver?

I am using KX Project drivers and my Sounddiver don?t see 2 of the channels (like Midi out 1 and MIDI out 2) and I wanna use one of these!
I can see them in other sequencers, so I know they are there, but why does it turn them off or don?t see them!?
Old 22.01.2004, 07:15 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Sounddiver problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psypher
Anybody had problems with the Sounddiver?
*spontaneous laughter*

I would rearrange that sentence like this: "Anybody hadn't any problems with SoundDriver?". I'm still bitter for that bloody program.
Old 23.01.2004, 01:59 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

OK...Didn?t know that it was so buggy! Thought Emagic made nice program!?

But no one have ever heard about disappearing MIDI ports in Sounddiver!? Or maybe something about those KX drivers, but don?t think the problem occur because of those...?
Old 23.01.2004, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The usual problem is that the SoundDriver doesn't recognise your Virus at all or identifies your Virus faulty. I'm not sure but there might be an update for the SoundDriver on Access' site.
Old 23.01.2004, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Quote:
The usual problem is that the SoundDriver doesn't recognise your Virus at all or identifies your Virus faulty. I'm not sure but there might be an update for the SoundDriver on Access' site.
If sounddiver fails to recognize a virus, usually the midi interface is to blame. There are a lot of interfaces that work perfectly, some that just fail to do anything (I won't list names here).

When you update your Virus OS, you should also update your Sounddiver Module. Updates are provided at http://www.access-music.de/?go=sdupdates.

btw:
I don't know any program called Sounddriver (except maybe drivers of your soundcard), I just know SoundDiver (like DIVING in to sounds, not Driving a car). Ususal mistake.

-tk
Old 23.01.2004, 08:58 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

As far as I know, the kX drivers aren't very suitable for audio production. Perhaps their MIDI interfacing is to blame.
________
PRILOSEC SETTLEMENT INFORMATION

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 23.01.2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk
If sounddiver fails to recognize a virus, usually the midi interface is to blame. There are a lot of interfaces that work perfectly, some that just fail to do anything (I won't list names here).
Hmm... Just before that software did its nasy deeds to my user bank it had some trouble in recognising my Virus and there were some other weird stuff. Probably it was just my computer that didn't want to co-operate and now I'm a bitter old man... right.

Quote:
btw:
I don't know any program called Sounddriver (except maybe drivers of your soundcard), I just know SoundDiver (like DIVING in to sounds, not Driving a car). Ususal mistake.
Hoho. Strange. I've always read it as SoundDriver. Well Driver or Diver I'd still rather get a plague than let that software touch my patches ever again.
Old 26.01.2004, 07:30 PM
New here
New here

That program freaking sucks, I always get hangups that force me to hard reboot my damn computer. I've been using Midiquest for quite some time, and have never had a problem. My Virus is a KB, so I don't know if they have a driver for the C model, though.
Old 27.01.2004, 10:10 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

It recognises my indigo 2 fine. But when I request banks it always gets stuck on a patch like Bank B, patch 56, and comes up with an error saying my Indigo isnt responding.
Old 17.08.2004, 10:40 AM
New here
New here

i have exxactly thr same prob with my indigo II, it starts loading the first few patches .... and suddenly gives the no response masage