Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 27.08.2006, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3
Default Bloody fucking sucking whore computers!

Aye, It has has been awhile since I really played around with music so I thought; Hey, let's write something!

I tried to boot my own computer..
Following events are a dramatization:
*power on*
*screen is black a loooooong time*
*beep*
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD
CMOS Checksum BAD.
After some checks in BIOS it eventually boots up to WinXP and from there it goes wrong again;
File check...... 30%......50%....75%...
Errors found, deleting the following files; C:\Blabla, C:\Blablabla, C:\Blablablabla.

I rebooted the computer once more.. and guess what? Nada, zip, nothing! It refuses to boot. So I guess I've got the most expensive paperweight on this board. YAY!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 27.08.2006, 10:56 AM

Could have it been a Virus of some kind (not the TI of course before it gets out of hand)?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 27.08.2006, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

No, I've scan me computer every 2-3 days and every file that I download. I've got 5-6 viruses since I started using a PC.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 27.08.2006, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
No, I've scan me computer every 2-3 days and every file that I download. I've got 5-6 viruses since I started using a PC.
Back-ups?

I just got smart and separated all my data files from the various directories on my PC and I have them all in one spot now.

Then I installed an 80 GB Maxtor internal hard drive in my PC and copied all my data files into it.

Once per week I copy the whole thing over. If I make any critical progress on a file I will do an ad-hoc save into the back up directory mid-week.

All my music, samples, VSTs, etc. are backed up on DVDs offline, so if I need to, I can restore them whenever.

I just started backing up my data files though because I figure if my luck has been this ggod, this long, it is bound to change soon.

Any how, I hope you didn't get too inconvenienced.

Cheers!

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 27.08.2006, 02:21 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I use Acronis True Image.

Everytime I have a nice stable PC I backup up using Acronis. It gets backed up to a separate sector on one of the HDs that Windows cannot see (called the Acronis Secure Zone) - this way if Windows won't boot up I can run the Acronis recovery manager from DOS and it can see the Acronis Secure Zone

I keep doing incremental backups whenever new software is installed and then if something goes wrong I just restore the latest backup and voila everything is hunkey dorey!

Drammy
Old 27.08.2006, 02:23 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

have you checked the CMOS battery?
Old 27.08.2006, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Drammy: Aye, indeed.. I've checked that.. still nothing!

Alex: I had a smaller backup this time (with critical documents) that weren't destroyed in the crash I had just a few weeks ago.. All my music from the last past 10 years is gone except that some friends has bits and pieces of the original .rns/.mod/.xm-files

Old 27.08.2006, 03:05 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

have you tried booting in safe mode?
Old 27.08.2006, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

mr.e: It's completly dead now.. and before, no.. I couldn't boot it in safe mode

Old 27.08.2006, 08:52 PM
Pro
Pro

I'd be saving those drives and trying them in a different machine in case anything is salvagable. the first error message points to the cmos battery, a fucked motherboard or fucked memory, or a combination of the three, with a bit of luck the files or at least some of them will still be intact.