Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.07.2010, 12:17 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default Any word on a fix for the sluggish Windows 7 GUI?

Hey folks, has anyone heard anything new about this? It really does make VC unusable in Windows 7 and is definitely one of the main things holding me back from upgrading.

It's been a known issue in the Change Logs for ages.

Hoping it gets fixed sooooon
Old 03.07.2010, 07:48 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

"It really does make VC unusable in Windows 7"

It's glitchy, but it's not unusable. Far from it. At least the x64 version.
Old 03.07.2010, 11:17 AM

Hey mate, yeah I think I did overstate the issue a bit, but I am just trying it again now in Windows 7x64 and it certainly is incredibly laggy. Makes it hard to really use with comfort.
Old 04.07.2010, 08:29 AM
Pro
Pro

I've got to be honest put I dont seem to have any real lag issues in W7x64 (even with Aero on).

What spec's are your machines ie enough graphics ram, memory to be running sweetly in W7?

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 04.07.2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
I've got to be honest put I dont seem to have any real lag issues in W7x64 (even with Aero on).

What spec's are your machines ie enough graphics ram, memory to be running sweetly in W7?
Hey mate, thanks for your feedback.

Running on 4GB RAM and a Q6600 (quad) Intel chip with a P5K-E motherboard. My graphics card is a 7600 GT NVIDIA.

All my other plugins are great though, but both VC and ArtsAcoustic Reverb have issues. AA also confirmed the problem on their end:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...72eef42100e06f
Old 04.07.2010, 06:14 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post

Me neither. No lag issues, but only an occasional graphic glitch. Nothing that impairs functionality. My guess is that the video card might be the culprit. NVidia's Series 7 has been OOP for a while, maybe the Access programmers haven't tested those cards. RAM is definitely not an issue (VC isn't a sampler, it doesn't use much RAM), and if he has 4 gigs, it's more than enough to handle it (unless, of course he has 20 applications running at the same time, one of them a DAW with all plugins loaded and running... )
Old 05.07.2010, 12:58 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I had the same issues (full on lag) with my short stint with the TI and VC (ended up sending it back for now unfortunately). Vid card is nVidia GTX 295 on Core i7, Win7-64.
Old 05.07.2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I had the same issues (full on lag) with my short stint with the TI and VC (ended up sending it back for now unfortunately). Vid card is nVidia GTX 295 on Core i7, Win7-64.
Really glad to hear it's not just me. If it's something related to nVidia cards, we'll find out soon. I'm getting my Dell laptop shipped in the coming week and that has a 1GB ATI graphics card.

Unfortunately for now though, it's still painfully laggy. The knobs are ok, but the sliders and graph controls are really REALLY slow, and changing pages takes about 1 - 2 seconds each time.
Old 05.07.2010, 09:54 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Abnorm

I`ve been using it a bit on bootcamped Win7 x64 (Mac Pro Xenon, 2009, 2,6ghz I think, 6GB RAM) w/Cubase 5, and I havent experienced any problems this far.
It doesn`t lag on my rig, have you tried upgrading your nvidia driver? Might perhaps be some chipset-drivers thats out of date. From what i`ve experienced some chipset-drivers that is inculded with win7, creates a few problems, might help to use the driver from the manufaturer.
Old 06.07.2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnorm View Post
I`ve been using it a bit on bootcamped Win7 x64 (Mac Pro Xenon, 2009, 2,6ghz I think, 6GB RAM) w/Cubase 5, and I havent experienced any problems this far.
It doesn`t lag on my rig, have you tried upgrading your nvidia driver? Might perhaps be some chipset-drivers thats out of date. From what i`ve experienced some chipset-drivers that is inculded with win7, creates a few problems, might help to use the driver from the manufaturer.
Hey mate, thanks for the suggestions and help.

I am actually running the latest official nVidia and Intel chipset drivers actually. What video card do you have in your Mac out of curiosity?