Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.11.2003, 02:12 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_1970
LFO3 seems to works fine on my Virus.

Is it completely dead on yours?
Can you assign *different* values of LFO3 to: Osc1 and to PW1 ? Or, to PW1 and Sync Phase? Can you make all 5 LFO3 red LEDs light up (to indicate they have data stored), like with LFO1&2 and with Assignables? - I can't...
Old 11.11.2003, 03:21 PM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

NO

thats the difference between LFO3 and LFO1&2
with LFO3 you can assign one destination at a time:
so only one of these LEDs can be lit:
- OSC1 OR
- OSC2 OR
- OSC1 + OSC2 OR
- PW1 OR
- PW2 OR
- PW1 + PW2 OR
- SYNC PHASE
Old 11.11.2003, 03:49 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatembr
NO

thats the difference between LFO3 and LFO1&2
with LFO3 you can assign one destination at a time:
so only one of these LEDs can be lit:
- OSC1 OR
- OSC2 OR
- OSC1 + OSC2 OR
- PW1 OR
- PW2 OR
- PW1 + PW2 OR
- SYNC PHASE
I don't remember myself being limited by the LFO3 assigns before (2 years already). But maybe you are right - It does look like LFO3 is meant to be limited. Strange, that I noticed that only after upgrading to 6.5 - maybe became too peaky
Old 11.11.2003, 11:18 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

im not sure what u r talking about wiht the lfo3 there alekkh, but i had a chance to play around a little more with 352 last night and the "known bugs" seem to be ironed out.....

now back to this brilliant filter 8O
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 12.11.2003, 03:40 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekkh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_1970
LFO3 seems to works fine on my Virus.

Is it completely dead on yours?
Can you assign *different* values of LFO3 to: Osc1 and to PW1 ? Or, to PW1 and Sync Phase? Can you make all 5 LFO3 red LEDs light up (to indicate they have data stored), like with LFO1&2 and with Assignables? - I can't...
As far as I know you can use the modulation matrix for these other destinations with an LFO 3 source.
Old 17.11.2003, 02:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora

i still feel that Access could put a definitive tested os upgrade on there site rather than their current batch of offerings..
They have set such high standards with their products and OS's that i can't help but feel dissappointed.
Although we're certainly open minded for suggestions to improve the stability and quality of the virus OS builds it's not like we don't test at all and you our users as beta testers. in fact we test a lot but unfortunately finding bugs also means that you need to be a little lucky sometimes.

i give you an example: the first build os OS6.5 contained a bug which enabled the individual outs 3-6 in the multi mode. sure you'll think now - "yeah, that's really obvious, why didn't they find this?". unfortunately the multi outs worked on part one and when we tested this OS build we haven't tested the outs on every part.

don't get me wrong - we care about bugs and we try to fix them as fast as possible. that's why you have been supplied with 3 OS version in such a short while.

somebody mentioned that it would help to know that the second1024.mid installs the 1024 sounds (and therefore can delete what you have stored in banks e-h). let me quote from the readme file which comes with every OS update:

"...
Load SECOND1024.mid into your Virus. Proceed as stated in the display.
This file contains the ROM sounds."

we will ammend that this file can possibly overwrite existing ROM sounds. we though that this would be pretty obvioous.

as for the LFO3 bug - we haven't had any bug report so far and in case you believe you've found a new bug, please contact us at: support@access-music.de

best, marc
Old 17.11.2003, 03:04 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

thanks for the reply Marc..

I have since installed the latest os and all is well..

I am a loyal fan of Access products and hope you don't feel i was slating..

I had a number of fears regarding flash upgrading my unit..(seem to be unwarranted!)

It's refreshing to get a reply form a synth manufacturer..

PS you put me in my place..i am eating humble pie here
(P4 3GHz,1gigDDRAM,120gig Raid 0)running Sonar 4,Yamaha DSP factory,SW1000,AX16,Midiman 2x2, dual TFT/Access VirusC/Nord Rack2/Korg Karma/MS2000/Poly 800/DWS6000/Roland JV1080/MC505/JP8000/ALPHAJUNO/Fantom X8 OS2 1GB Storage,512Mb RAM/Yamaha 01V with MY8AT....AMD 64, Reason 2.5,Edirol Midi interface
Old 17.11.2003, 03:43 PM
New here
New here

[quote="marc"]
Quote:

1) we will ammend that this file can possibly overwrite existing ROM sounds. we though that this would be pretty obvioous.

2) as for the LFO3 bug - we haven't had any bug report so far and in case you believe you've found a new bug, please contact us at: support@access-music.de

best, marc
2) OS 6.5 is terrific indeed, and the LFO3 bug is probably not a bug, as LFO3 supposedly had two assignables maximum even in older OS.

1) I had the 1024 patches before OS6.5. After using the 1024 update file, I didn't hear any difference. Unless I'm again missing something, did I need the second file at all?

thaNKS!

Old 26.11.2003, 04:50 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
I had a number of fears regarding flash upgrading my unit..(seem to be unwarranted!)
i guess nobody _likes_ to update the flash ROM. many horror stories have been told and keeping in mind that once the flash is broke, it needs to be replaced i can understand your fears.

but: we never had an incident at access R&D where a flash actually broke while being updated. i'm not aware that one single beta tester we have broke a flash ever. maybe these components are better than we think they are? the flashs we're using "guarantee" ten thousands of write cycles.

marc