Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.03.2005, 09:35 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Official Word from Access

I hate to be the one posting this, but I just received a phone call. One of the largest musical instrument dealers in the US, which is where I purchased my TI from, just called me and told me that today they received the official word from Access that the TI series is shipping the last week of APRIL.
Old 10.03.2005, 09:47 PM
This forum member lives here

How official is this really? On the Access site they still disclose March 2005.

If this is true.......then another 5 weeks will be a little painful. A damn shame infact. We wait in anticipation......

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 10.03.2005, 09:51 PM

Just like to add......this thread is gonna get nasty. Cotton buds at the ready....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 10.03.2005, 10:05 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
How official is this really?
DS
Official as in,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetwater
"Access informed us today that they will be shipping the TI series the last week of April 2005. Yet, they probably added a week or so for cushion."
Old 10.03.2005, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Must be some helluva bug, or three.... How come they mis-judged it so drastically? They've been taking out full double-page centrefold adverts in SOS since Nov/Dec last year. They must have shed loads of pre-orders.

Ho hum, well it gives me chance to save up for a TI, after a few other studio purchases!

PS > EnjoyRC, I just took a look at your site (albeit am speaker-less at the mo due to a pending studio upgrade). The web design is fabulous! Congrats!
Old 10.03.2005, 11:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

To be honest, I cant say it wasnt expected. I wouldnt be suprised if it went back again after this aswell. Hell fuck it Access, lets go for December 05, we might as well round it up to a cool year late just for fun eh?

I'am still reluctant to trust anything distributors say and I think it will ship in Europe before the US anyhow.

ten
Old 11.03.2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Official Word from Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyRC
One of the largest musical instrument dealers in the US, which is where I purchased my TI from, just called me and told me that today they received the official word from Access that the TI series is shipping the last week of APRIL.
DS - you were right in assuming that this thread is about to get nasty....

Its funny how a company with so much cred and respect can toss it all away in the space of a couple months.

I really am running out of things to say on this topic - i might just start posting links to my previous posts on this topic to avoid repeating myself.

any other synth manufacturers with upcoming releases should do so asap and clean up the market of people waiting for the TI....

basically this is a huge blunder on access' behalf and they are shunning the responsiblilty for their actions. using some guy with a thick british accent who isnt apparently an access employee to speculate on the release of this unit is highly unprofessional - certainly it does not befit a company with a reputation such as the one that access holds (held).

If access is to make any inroads to making amends with its preorder customers - AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT NEEDS TO MADE - not in april or may as it actually does get close to release - NOW.
4 months with no word (except a guesstimate made by a non-employee) is just is not good enough... esp for those committed enough to preorder.

So to Marc, Howard, and the rest of the team - I would like to hear a response.... and not one compiled by a political writer...
Old 11.03.2005, 12:21 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
PS > EnjoyRC, I just took a look at your site (albeit am speaker-less at the mo due to a pending studio upgrade). The web design is fabulous! Congrats!
Thanks. When you get a chance... hook those speakers up. There's an MP3 streamer on there.
Old 11.03.2005, 12:34 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

This is really getting out of hand. Like all of us I have been waiting since Dec. Access stated that they would ship out the preorders in 45 days, but this was just to save public image. If they were having such problems with the Beta testing , put an offical statement out. I always depended on Access's release statments in the past, but this is getting a little ridiculous. It is a month by month guessing game. I hate guessing when I paid $ 2,750.00 dollars already on my Polar pre-order.
Old 11.03.2005, 12:42 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Nothing wrong with guys with thick british accents

Hey, maybe they are working on a special suprise for us and have upgraded all the hardware with a full USB2 or firewire version giving all 16 audio outputs in the host sequencer....Yea like hell! haha, sort it out Access for jesus suffering fuck sake.

ten