Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.10.2008, 04:26 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default ((( Virus Ti Wish List )))

all I wish the virus had at this point would be the following

1. more modular like routing points... patching OSC 3 into FM and cross modulating functions etc.

2. Sample Ram for playable waveforms and modulation like CVs with them as well, to call them up in the LFOs like the wave sections.

3. A high/low switch for the LFOs to go into frequency ranges would be so sweet.

4. An on-board screen option for editing the arpeggiator and note select for every arp hit. ala step sequencer style.

5. a set of nice analog filters would be incredible, a comb filter option or other filter models to really give it even more sonic differences,
like an SEM or EH minisynth style something odd,
or even better an EMS trapezoid style filter/env so you can really make it not sound like a "Virus"...maybe a pure MS20 style filter.

6. An extra Envelope for modulating anything.

7. Some lowpass gates to be patched in the chain anywhere

8. lastly a third modulation wheel or joystick or ribon or XY pad on board.
I keep on having to assign the pitch wheel to stuff,
as assiging the softknobs is not as intuitive as it should be...
they should be included in the matrix and add 3 more slots at minimum.

If they slowly updated the OS to have these features there would be nothing out there than can touch it.

curious what all your opinions are about these or other wishes.

maybe Access will come in here and take a lookie

Old 24.10.2008, 07:12 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

1 ) Side chain routing and compressor algorithms.

2 ) Selectable LED colors. ; )

3 ) Ciruit Bend Mode
Old 24.10.2008, 07:31 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///OSS View Post
all I wish the virus had at this point would be the following

1. more modular like routing points... patching OSC 3 into FM and cross modulating functions etc.

2. Sample Ram for playable waveforms and modulation like CVs with them as well, to call them up in the LFOs like the wave sections.

3. A high/low switch for the LFOs to go into frequency ranges would be so sweet.

4. An on-board screen option for editing the arpeggiator and note select for every arp hit. ala step sequencer style.

5. a set of nice analog filters would be incredible, a comb filter option or other filter models to really give it even more sonic differences,
like an SEM or EH minisynth style something odd,
or even better an EMS trapezoid style filter/env so you can really make it not sound like a "Virus"...maybe a pure MS20 style filter.

6. An extra Envelope for modulating anything.

7. Some lowpass gates to be patched in the chain anywhere

8. lastly a third modulation wheel or joystick or ribon or XY pad on board.
I keep on having to assign the pitch wheel to stuff,
as assiging the softknobs is not as intuitive as it should be...
they should be included in the matrix and add 3 more slots at minimum.

If they slowly updated the OS to have these features there would be nothing out there than can touch it.

curious what all your opinions are about these or other wishes.

maybe Access will come in here and take a lookie

I'd add my vote on every single of those! Especially more filters (MS20, I love that filter), sample RAM waveforms (for multiple duties - as oscillators, LFOs or EGs), more modularity, extra hands-on control (joystick, ribbon/XY-pad).

Where are you going with the idea: "7. Some lowpass gates to be patched in the chain anywhere" ?

Regards "4. An on-board screen option for editing the arpeggiator and note select for every arp hit. ala step sequencer style."

The [Korg Radias] gets around this by having 16 knobs + buttons running along the bottom of the unit. In arpeggiator- or step-sequencer mode, they come into their own. I think this sort of knob arrangement would be revolutionary on the Virus, if they were to swap things about a bit. The Virus needs a bit of an overhaul to keep things fresh, methinks. To space it away from the current TI mk1.
Old 25.10.2008, 12:07 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
1 ) Side chain routing and compressor algorithms.

2 ) Selectable LED colors. ; )

3 ) Ciruit Bend Mode
we will release a new soundset very soon by charie may. he programmed a lot on sasha's invol2ver and is 50% of the UK duo Spooky. the sounds he did can give the impression that you can do ciruit bend stuff with the virus. technically, of course you can't in a literal sense, but there are so many tricks you can use to misuse the sound engine, it's really just about trying in my opinion.

best, marc

ps. there is an interview with charie on the access website for those who are interested.
Old 25.10.2008, 07:52 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Modulation Envelope
Oscillators tuneable to 0Hz
PhaseMod Mode that sums/mix Oscillator 1+3 as modulator for Oscillator 2
Currently played Unisono Voice Number as Modulation Source
Distortion behind not only between filters
Bandpass and bandreject with adjustable bandwidth (not to be mistaken with Q-Factor)
Old 26.10.2008, 04:38 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
we will release a new soundset very soon by charie may. he programmed a lot on sasha's invol2ver and is 50% of the UK duo Spooky. the sounds he did can give the impression that you can do ciruit bend stuff with the virus. technically, of course you can't in a literal sense, but there are so many tricks you can use to misuse the sound engine, it's really just about trying in my opinion.

best, marc

ps. there is an interview with charie on the access website for those who are interested.
oh yeah...circuit bending type madness is already doable on this synth as is.

I forgot one more opinion on a feature...

the Arpeggiator/Seq pulses to be assignable as a modulation source "drools"
Old 26.10.2008, 04:46 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
I'd add my vote on every single of those! Especially more filters (MS20, I love that filter), sample RAM waveforms (for multiple duties - as oscillators, LFOs or EGs), more modularity, extra hands-on control (joystick, ribbon/XY-pad).

Where are you going with the idea: "7. Some lowpass gates to be patched in the chain anywhere" ?

Regards "4. An on-board screen option for editing the arpeggiator and note select for every arp hit. ala step sequencer style."

The [Korg Radias] gets around this by having 16 knobs + buttons running along the bottom of the unit. In arpeggiator- or step-sequencer mode, they come into their own. I think this sort of knob arrangement would be revolutionary on the Virus, if they were to swap things about a bit. The Virus needs a bit of an overhaul to keep things fresh, methinks. To space it away from the current TI mk1.

Here's info on what i mean by a Low pass gate with sound examples

http://www.ear-group.net/model_13.html

and I dont mind that the Virus doesnt have the full 16 knobs for setup, I think its fine if it was just a simple screen edit mode...the VC is great and all but on the road or whatever its impossible to edit a USER and save it...

and NOTE select is such a must for such a sick synth not to have it.

There ha sto be a way to do it... even if its only 8 pulses at a time and not as intuitive as the VC...who cares as long as its possible to edit it.
Old 26.10.2008, 04:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
Modulation Envelope
Oscillators tuneable to 0Hz
PhaseMod Mode that sums/mix Oscillator 1+3 as modulator for Oscillator 2
Currently played Unisono Voice Number as Modulation Source
Distortion behind not only between filters
Bandpass and bandreject with adjustable bandwidth (not to be mistaken with Q-Factor)

nice...deeper features are always fun... the phase mod sounds interesting... can you elaborate on that?

and distortion pre / post is great as well!
Old 27.10.2008, 05:20 AM

Well, Phase Modulation is already selectable when Oscillator2 is set to Wavetable mode. It's in general what Yamaha using on the DX7, mainly FM but without shifting the main pitch of the modulated Oscillator. A second modulator (modulating Oscillator) mixed to the first, maybe even with a modulatable level, is very usefull to recreate some typical FM sounds.
Old 27.10.2008, 06:49 AM

Send a message via MSN to AjmaGard

A basic thing I really want is the Virus Snow to send out midi from the five knobs when in sequencer mode.