Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.01.2009, 09:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamEvil View Post
Soundsets are the original Ti soundsets, I was expecting a new bank or 26 too but theres nothing new here.
the TI2 will have a new soundset. TI1 user can listen to it by navigating virus control to the "backup" of the new set within the patches folder.

best, marc
Old 21.01.2009, 09:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinsu View Post
also... atomizer doesnt seem to be delay compensated, when using the USB input.

A good 16th note or so off beat
that's your host (logic e.g.) , not the virus. i've commented on that elsewhere

best, marc
Old 21.01.2009, 10:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00264167 View Post
I wish they would let you reset a knob back to zero by double clicking on it.
in version2 i always find it fiddley in vc moving the knobs small amounts but it seems alot better in version3.
two things: the knobs behave the same in the old and new version. resetting to zero is not possible but for the value used in the original patch. just cmd-click on the knob. TI2 backup banks on your disc show up in the search results.

best, marc
Old 22.01.2009, 01:48 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
the TI2 will have a new soundset. TI1 user can listen to it by navigating virus control to the "backup" of the new set within the patches folder.
Is the new soundset already included or will it be available later? I didn't quite get it.
________
GM Iron Duke engine picture

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 22.01.2009, 04:37 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
The confusion with USB v2.0 is that there are three types of USB v2.0 chipsets (for different speeds). Low Speed (1.5Mbps), Full Speed (12Mbps), and High Speed (480Mbps).

All the TIs have the mid-range "FullSpeed" USB v2.0 chipset @ 12Mbps, which is incidently the fastest that USB v1.1 can achieve. Hence the confusion.
Thanks for clearing this up!

So if the TI has the Full Speed chipset does this mean it can never be upgraded to a High Speed speed through a software/firmware update?

I wonder which chipset the TI2 has...
Old 22.01.2009, 05:55 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat! View Post
Is the new soundset already included or will it be available later? I didn't quite get it.
It's available via the browser in Virus Control v3. Look in the Public Libraries section, under Virus TI2 Factory Backup... hope this helps?
Old 22.01.2009, 06:10 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinsu View Post
1. what do they mean by "Last but not least, a modification to the main "VCA" algorithm enables OS3 users to design gating FX known from electro and minimal influenced music.

I haven't figured that one out yet.

2. I just read in the addendum that some hosts will have the delay, and there is nothing they can do about it, which makes me sad

You can use the patch volume as a destination in the mod matrix, this now happens after the effects so you can chop the reverb trails etc on off in a trippy kinda way
Old 22.01.2009, 06:06 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
it is in the pdf brochure and a copy/paste error. the snow still has the same about of voices. it wasn't newly introduced and upgraded anyway.

best, marc
That would have been a bit much anyway.. "you had 2 dsp chips all along. surprise!"

As far a the upgade is concerned, nothing but words of praise to all of you at Access music. The Ti sets a new bar for value. One I don't see any other manuracturer catching up to any time soon... I just wish others would finally learn from you and give us more VST compatable synths.
No bugs so far in v3. Seems to be working great in cubase.

Still wondering about 64bit version? Is this included/planned? Cubase 5 is gonna be 64bit so...
Old 23.05.2009, 02:55 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default finaly bought the TI2 :o)

Hi there,

I'm a total newbie with Access and finally decided to buy a TI2 desktop and did so last week. After reading the quickstart manual, steinberg cubase and the reference tutorial and tweeking knobs I have a feeling there is a steep trial/error learning curve ahead for me. Maybe it is the lack of documentation or I'm just not smart enough!

If someone could tell me where to find more detailed (dummy) information with pictures and stuff I would be very happy.

Cheers,
Joel