Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 15.05.2018, 03:50 AM
New here
New here

Default Filter Resonance 100% ERROR

Hi guys!!

Im kind of a happy Virus Owner since 4-5 Years now but lately something very strange came up and I can't find the problem. This problem appears in both cases, Virus via. Usb and without.
I start my patch make some modulations being happy about the sound and suddenly b00m the resonance of the filter just pops to 100.
In a recording situation never mind I just turn it down again though its kind of annoying but in Live situations in Multi mode this is kind of ehmmm how should I say it fucked up?
It happened to me that I had 6 patches playing at the same time and suddenly 3 of the patches jumped with there resonance to 100% and everything sounds super resonating and probably Supper Loudddd and until I fixed it for every patch takes kind of long time. Does anybody know what problem this could be??
I tried to reinstall the OS but it didn't work. Because the problem is also existing without usb plugged im fearing that some of the hardware is faulty.

If anybody can give me a hint or even an concrete answer id be super happy folks.

Greetings,
Chris
Old 17.05.2018, 08:35 AM
Infektion taking hold...

When reading your error description my inital thought was that your filter resonance pot is malfunctioning. But then you have that happening on multiple patches in Multi Mode. And that's not possible, since the hardware controls always only the selected patch. Thus, I guess the filter resonance must be changed by something like MIDI control change messages from another source.

Do you have any other devices or software connected to your Virus via MIDI ports when that happens?
Old 17.05.2018, 03:08 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli@bass View Post
Do you have any other devices or software connected to your Virus via MIDI ports when that happens?
My thoughts too, Chris, any chance it could be an external message that has been sent or nudged or similar? I know sometimes I've experienced the same issue when two units have been connected but not configured, with contradictory messages switching various MIDI parameters in the manner you describe. Like if I try using the ribbon-controller on my Korg, it annihilates and messes up my Groovebox forcing me to pick the sound to bits again and reset it, but I have no way to configure them otherwise.

Just noticed you mentioned it happens without USB, does that include MIDI cables too, so the Ti keyboard is purely standalone?

PS Welcome to the forum.
Old 21.05.2018, 03:31 PM
New here
New here

There is a Clock from the analog rythm connected to the Virus, but it will also happen without it and the thing is that it happens totally random as the analog rythm will always be playing a loop and the situation it happens are totally random im really worried about my virus baby :/