Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 10.06.2007, 01:54 AM
Veteran
Veteran

You know ive had mine for nearly a year and still not tried it multitimbrally (well I have, but not the way you are asking and I use reaper now not poobase but I know it can be done.)

A6 is great tho innit? no matter what bells and whistles my TI had the sounds I coaxed from the A6 just slayed it, and now same with the CODE. As much as I hate being cliche its analog all the way baby!!

As far as soundsets go for the A6 there isnt much about really. I know you can download the banks from the people who contributed to the factory soundset (Rob Papen etc) which have a few extra sounds in but thats pretty much it.

Ive started to make some decent sounds on it so when I get to 128 ill throw a bank out for peeps.

tom
Old 10.06.2007, 02:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Hi ten.. yeah its definately the bees shnizzles, no doubt about it.
The multimbral thing is getting in the way for me just now right enough as I want to hear it play in Cubase along with my other gear so that I can get a feel for stuff. And then I can also begin to check out underneath the hood a bit.

The Rob Papen soundset downloadable from his site is total crapola man, same old same old that you hear in everything everywhere. Guess i'll just need to plug away on my own and fill up some of the the 2 x blank sram cards that came with the unit.

I also like the way it handles sound banks, storage and the cards etc... smooth and simplistic.

The filters are great and the mod capabilities throughout the whole unit are massive, or for me they look damn well daunting.

Well, i'm sure a lot of fun will be had
Old 10.06.2007, 08:04 PM
Pro
Pro

I also tried the soundsets which are available at alesis website. Not my style at all. In fact I have never been too impressed by the rob papen sounds. Not my style. Andro is a great synth. I just hope that it will never break down.
Old 10.06.2007, 11:39 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Had a play with a drom recently - factory sounds really really turned me off.

Best known A6 noisage Ive heard so far were some of your (f5d) demos from last year I think.

Theres a store near me that has one in (thats andersons in Guildford ten - even been down there?) - need to get some quality time on it
Old 11.06.2007, 02:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yea, ive been down there a few times. They get some good kit in there...I just go to play with it but no intention of buying from them haha!

tom
Old 12.06.2007, 04:47 AM

Hey speaking of COSM (and not meaning to highjack) I have a free GT-8 on the way. Anyone own one?

I have always been a fan of the COSM stuff, but I don't get into the amps or distortions on the V-Synth so much - my VF-1 does a better job.
The GT-8 seems pretty damn good though with all the tweaking of the actual amp and distortion models you can do, I am looking forward to running the Vox in the effects loop and then having it anywhere, then building my own amps to compliment that - ooo also having delays, amp and other effects respond to the dynamics.

I can't complain with the price though. hehe

Back to the A6 thread. Sorry N
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 12.06.2007, 08:13 AM
Veteran
Veteran

no worries, the thread subject is all over.. spontaniety is good