Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 19.03.2009, 03:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purusha View Post
purusha, don't forget to point users to the thread on the TC website as well. the one where TC and us stated that we are looking into it. this ways they also can see how you try to give me a negative image.

but this doesn't mean it's suddenly okay to post off topic or misleading just to make sure as many people as possible know what you think about access, about your problems and recently about me personally.

you know that we said we're looking into the TC related problems some time ago. you also know that there was a more recent post on the TC forum which states progress.

i'm getting a little tired of your attacks to be honest. and you repeat to shoot the messenger - not the sherrif:

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=2449&p=9

marc

Last edited by marc : 19.03.2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 19.03.2009, 03:45 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Stop being mean to Marc!

Marc is not Access. He just works for them. He is not solely responsible for their victories or their failings. Marc anyway is nice and helps people on these forums with their problems for free.

Besides, it sounds like Access are looking into your concerns anyway. They have a much faster turnaround for patches and the like than other synth manufacturers. How about some patience while they do their work?

Sorry to hear you spilled your coffee. Maybe instead you would like a nice hot cup of **** *** **** **...

./growl

-Annikk
Old 19.03.2009, 09:50 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

If I could do my life all over again, I would buy all the keyboards I have but never read forums. I've wasted so much time reading complaints, thinking about the negatives of a product and at times defending a product from an angry post. A single complaining post gets seen by hundreds of people but hundreds of people happily using a TI never gets noticed.

If equipment does something odd or lacks a feature then give the manufacturer a chance to fix it, or move on. Its your loss, don't make the rest of the world suffer with you.

B
Old 19.03.2009, 10:30 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
purusha, don't forget to point users to the thread on the TC website as well. the one where TC and us stated that we are looking into it. this ways they also can see how you try to give me a negative image.

but this doesn't mean it's suddenly okay to post off topic or misleading just to make sure as many people as possible know what you think about access, about your problems and recently about me personally.

you know that we said we're looking into the TC related problems some time ago. you also know that there was a more recent post on the TC forum which states progress.

i'm getting a little tired of your attacks to be honest. and you repeat to shoot the messenger - not the sherrif:

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=2449&p=9

marc
This thread:

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=2449

which I've repeatedly linked to from this forum. I agree, it's well worth checking out for anyone who thinks I might be misleading people.

This thread is titled "Seems to me or all Viruses are packed full of problems", so I'm very much on-topic I reckon.

Yes - you said you were looking into the problems in October last year and we're still waiting.

Please provide evidence of any "attacks" I've made on you. I'm not aware of any.

Chris
Old 19.03.2009, 10:33 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikk.exe View Post
They have a much faster turnaround for patches and the like than other synth manufacturers. How about some patience while they do their work?
More than 5 years to even get Access interested in looking at those issues!

Reckon my patience lasted 3 of them.

Edit: for clarification, I'm talking about virus on powercore here, not ti. I also own a ti, but haven't had any major issues with it so far. The virus b I used to own was solid.

Last edited by Purusha : 19.03.2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 20.03.2009, 01:26 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Please provide evidence of any "attacks" I've made on you. I'm not aware of any.Chris
chris, here is just two examples:

"My experience with Marc over at virusti.com wasn't good though. It ranged from patronising me to ignoring me."

"He has had a habit of trying to make me look bad every time I've mentioned the virus problems in the past."

you can post whatever you like about the company i'm working for. but you shouldn't post statements about me since you don't know me a thing. to keep things simple i'll do my best to ignore your posts in the future. that will make a part of your statement true but at least you will have no reason to feel being patronised or made looking bad.

marc
Old 20.03.2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
More than 5 years to even get Access interested in looking at those issues!

Reckon my patience lasted 3 of them.

3 years of patience purusha ?????? 3 years ?????

it means that you love extremely your powercore and your virus

bravo bravo purusha , good choice really !!!
Old 20.03.2009, 08:44 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
chris, here is just two examples:

"My experience with Marc over at virusti.com wasn't good though. It ranged from patronising me to ignoring me."

"He has had a habit of trying to make me look bad every time I've mentioned the virus problems in the past."

you can post whatever you like about the company i'm working for. but you shouldn't post statements about me since you don't know me a thing. to keep things simple i'll do my best to ignore your posts in the future. that will make a part of your statement true but at least you will have no reason to feel being patronised or made looking bad.

marc
Hardly "attacks"!? They're my personal (and perfectly justifiable) thoughts on my previous dealings with you: a representative and spokesperson for Access. Access being a company I have handed considerable sums of money to over the years (Virus B, Powercore Virus, Virus Ti).

Like I say - the hardware has generally been great. The Powercore version (which is part of the Virus family) is almost un-usable for the vast majority of people - as Access (after several years of seeming denial) now seem to have conceded.

It's not like I'm constantly bashing Access. I have done my fair share of praising them and holding them up as example in the past. E.g.:

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewt...df2f43c084f34e

Even though I own a Ti, I'd still like to use my Powercore DSPs to run virus along-side if we can get it going.

It's great that, after a great deal of pressure from me, and people in the same situation, Access has now started work on bug-fixing. I really appreciate that. With luck, we'll get a beta in the next month or 2.

I may not be a professional musician who relies on this kit, I'm more of a hobbyist or semi-pro, but surely that shouldn't mean I can't ask for fundamental problems to be addressed in what's probably the most expensive piece of software I own (650 UKP-ish when I bought it IIRC)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by telson View Post
it means that you love extremely your powercore and your virus
What it actually means is: I have a fair few patches I originally put together on a Virus B which I'd like to keep using.

I'd no intention of derailing a thread on here, but saying that Access cares about bugs where the rest don't - given many people's experience with this member of the Virus family, was something I really couldn't leave un-challenged.

So - I'll leave this thread and take the fight back over to the TC now that I know you are actually reading the comments over there.

Chris

Last edited by Purusha : 20.03.2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 20.03.2009, 09:58 AM
Banned

i think that your major problem is Marc , and not powercore
however , keep in mind that we like and respect Marc
his help is precious
Old 20.03.2009, 10:13 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by telson View Post
i think that your major problem is Marc , and not powercore
Sorry, but that's really not the case at all.

If and when the software works properly, Marc will disappear off my radar.