Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.05.2009, 04:06 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus Snow and Ableton Live 8.0.3 sync/timing issues

Hi, I'm getting some problems with the timing of my Virus Snow patches in Live 8.0.3.

Basically the arpeggiators and lfos seem to spazz out (for want of a better word) timing-wise when I'm playing around in my set.

The arpeggiator DEFINITELY suffers when I do anything to make the screen change what it is displaying... so for example if I select a different track, and the waveform display changes to show different plugins or whatever, the timing of my apreggiated instrument(s) coming from the Snow go all wobbly, lose time, whatever. Trainwrecks basically. It does recover quite quickly but it sounds shit. Also happens if I enter MIDI mapping mode, so it seems to happen when the display changes. Strange.

As for the lfos... a lot of my patches have filter and/or patch volume mapped to a 1/4 saw wave, negative amplitude, to simulate a sidechain compression pumping type of effect on my patches. (fyi I just upgraded from Live 5 to 8, and in live 5 all of this was not an problem) Anyway, the timing of these lfos seem to just go out of sync whenever they feel like it. As a result the entire rhythmic feel of all my patches is basically scuppered.

Absolutely could not possibly play live in this current situation it would be horrendous and embarrassing.

Is anyone experiencing anything like this? Hope someone can help!

Jon
Old 29.05.2009, 12:41 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Assuming you are using the Ti as the Virus Control plugin, try a copy of the live set without it. Delete the VC plugin and send the tracks to the Virus MIDI port and the right midi channels. This isn't sample accurate but would be very interesting if you still have those problems with just midi.

Cheers,
BF
Old 29.05.2009, 02:53 PM
New here
New here

yeah that would have been a good idea and I'm pretty sure there would have been no timing issues in that setup... but I actually solved the problem by disabling Remote sync on the output to the Virus (Synth) output in the MIDI/Sync pane of preferences....

Thanks for the suggestion anyway mate!