Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 21.05.2009, 06:11 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default After this nice d&b sound.

Hi.

I'm new to using the Virus, could any of you help me out with creating this easy'ish patch? I'd really appreciate your help and time, so far I'm still navigating all the features, but I'm totaly blown away by it all.

The sound I'm looking for may be from a pack, it's used a lot in d&b I could do with some advice on where to purchase packs also if poss.

I've uploaded a track here DJ Marky - Riff Raff.rar - 17.49MB that the sound is used in, it's a wobble bass of sort's but more of a sound effect than a bass and appears at about 109 sec after the organ bass drops back to a square/distorted bass, you'll spot it I'm sure, it's very clean and is panned nicely.

Regards ni-cad.
Old 25.05.2009, 01:38 AM
Complete Newbie

Well, I guessed this would only interest a few of you guy's so I'm not to surprised in the lack of response, perhaps If I asked more specific questions that might help.

What kind of waveform do you think would have been used here?

What kind of filter, a low pass? or something more like a vowel filter maybe?

An interesting thing I noticed about this sound is that the pitch of the waveform is dropping slowly whilst the filter is opening slowly, it's a really nice technique I've heard used a lot receantly. can this be done easliy on a Virus, I see that there are seperate envelopes for pitch and filter but can the attack and decay of these envelopes be matched to such a shallow slope?

Anyone?

EDD: I've zipped a smaller edit of the track here DJ Marky - Riff Raff - Part_1.zip - 3.61MB incase that helps?

Last edited by ni-cad : 25.05.2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old 25.05.2009, 02:25 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I'd definitely try playing with some of the spectral waveforms on the TI. Maybe some of the wavetables too until you find one with that sort of hollow sound and then pop an LFO on the cutoff and maybe the pitch.

And yeah you can easily get the filter to open and then pitch to drop with the virus, just give the filter env a nice long attack and make it modulate the pitch too in the mod matrix.
Old 25.05.2009, 03:45 AM
Complete Newbie

Thanks Sonis, I'll give it a go.