Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.02.2006, 11:40 PM

Default a question for cubase users and virus...

Hi
I've been lately considering trying a new host and I'm considering Cubase and Sonar.

I know there are many Cubase users here and I'd like to make some questions regarding device panels and Virus, maybe someone's kind enough to inform me.

I know there are device panels for the Virus B which is my synth, and i'd like to know some things about it:

1. when you use the panel and change the sound of a preset by tweaking the knobs in the panel, are the sound settings stored in the sound; I mean, every time I open the project the panel will it send the synth the info about those changes in sound and so no need of me to store the sound in the synth itself?

2. is it true that Cubase SX3 allows rendering the hardware synth's tracks together with the whole mix? does it work well?

which host does work better regarding usage of hardware synths, Cubase or Sonar?
thanks in advance

You can listen to some of my humble music here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=218341
Old 04.02.2006, 08:46 AM
Pro
Pro

1. Using a Virus A, B or C, the settings in Cubase will be saved but none of the settings will carry over into the synth. I think what you need is a Ti model The Virus Control software will enable you to do tweek it in Cubase, move patches around and any changes will carry over into the synth.

2. I think what you are referring to is the "mixdown" option. Yes it works perfectly well and takes all your separate audio tracks and mixes them into one. The quality of the mixdown will depend on how well the separate audio tracks have been recorded and having a good soundcard and reasonably fast PC is essential for this.
Old 04.02.2006, 10:58 AM

Hi!
Thanks for your answers, thanks a lot.

1. I know a TI is what I need. I've been following the TI since it was announced more than a year ago. BUT I decided to buy a second-hand Indigo instead and maybe in the future I'll buy the TI. But only when it works as it should...

another question: if your configuration in the device panel doesn't affect the sound in the synth, what's its function? (sorry for my ignorance: since there's no cubase demo I can't try...)

2. My PC is a 2.4Ghz, 1 giga RAM, soundcard: terratec phase 88.

Up to now I've been using FL Studio for these 2 years and a half I've been making music. But as I said, I'd like to try one of the say complex sequencers, Cubase or Sonar.

thanks

Old 04.02.2006, 11:54 AM
Pro
Pro

1. Try this link to find out how Cubase can edit parameters in your Virus

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Feb0...enotes0202.asp

I've never really used these features as I just tweek the knobs on the synth and record.

2. Your PC and soundcard should be able to cope fine with Cubase.

I definitley would recommend getting something like Cubase over FL Studio. It's so much more flexible.
Old 04.02.2006, 11:54 PM

Thanks for your feedback, mate. I know Cubase or Sonar are more powerful tools, though I'm so used to FL.

Anyway, the thing that keeps me from taking the plunge and buy Cubase is the fact that I read so much about Cubase SX unstability and bugs...and since there's no demo, it's not easy for me to decide and pay so many euros in a program I'm not sure I like.

I've tried Cubase SX 1 demo, which is the most recent available, but I know the program has changed a lot since, and anyway some of the features about it that interest me more are not present in SX1.

well thanks, mate.