Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 10.07.2012, 07:57 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to TokyoMind Send a message via MSN to TokyoMind

Thanks Timo.
and Also Thanks nutrinoland to Post This Little Tip, Helpful and I‘m Also Agree This Point:
Quote:
400 would be ok for this......
Haa....

Old 15.10.2012, 09:50 AM
Pro
Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUROLURA View Post
And the Novation KS series were more knobby and multitimbral ...
One could find some second hand for similar price.

This one is more to be compared to Akai Miniak, Alesis Ion or Korg MicroKorg/R3.
I still own the orig. Supernova and Ion, which are still very versatile and deeply programable synths. I will agree that although the Micron has the Ion's same engine as does the Miniak; however, the user interface of those two really suck, whereas the Ion's knobby surface allows access to the very capable synth engine that I still discover new sonic territory with. Whomever designed the Micron/Miniak's interface MUST still be in a straight-jacket in a perpetual giggle! Know someone whom purchased this Novation Ultranova and he put it up for sale same day telling me that it's yet another DJ toy and only way to really access it as a proper synth is via software. just ONE oscillator from Novation's Supernova blows this thin sounding pretty toy away! Admitedly, I may really love the Alesis Ion, will freely agree that the keys attached are total crap! Novation has a gem of a midi controller in the Sl MK II 61 that I do own, however, rather than nightmare of Automap, I just assign controllers and create my own templates.
Wouldn't it be really nice if these companies would actually innovate instead of producing dozens and dozens of yet new midi controllers? My rant is over, I just had to defend my growling Ion being tossed into same mix as it's insane derivitives!
Old 16.10.2012, 01:47 AM
Pro
Pro

Automap does my fucking head in.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 16.10.2012, 03:12 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Automap does my fucking head in.
There's just something about letting additional software come in and "wrap itself" around everything then expect your DAW to to operate as it should that is rather "Borg-like" and it would actually worry me in what artifacts are left when and if a person wanted to remove it?! The concept seems cool but then again Smartphones are certainly not making people more "smart" are they? Then again, if electricity suddenly no longer worked due to the sun or earth's electromagnetic changes, we would all be using our gear for firewood while guarding our piano's and acoustic guitars from looters for use as firewood...the irony of things keeps me somewhat sane! Automap's cousin is Hypercontrol by M-Audio, which was just "divested" from AVID and whole line has gone under umbrella company where Alesis went to die amongst DJ supplies....wonder how those Hypercontrol updates will work out for those folks?