Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 15.06.2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
The other side of this is, how many units are out there with possibly dodgy DSP chips that Access are not telling us about.
A fellow who works for Access in the US, doing technical support, actually came to my house last night (true) to observe my Polar exhibiting lockups, satan saw, etc., while running 1.1.1. Over the course of about 30 minutes he was able to witness many of the ailments that plague some TI owners, particularly those of us with units where 1.1.1 made the problems worse, and not better. He reloaded the OS with his own laptop, but the problems remained.

For what it's worth, he investigated all kinds of things while the Polar was malfunctioning, and came to the conclusion that the problems were not DSP-related. That being said, he concluded that my instrument was indeed faulty, and Access is going to try replacing the mainboard at no cost to me.

This fellow from Access assured me that the company was absolutely positively committed to satisfying all customers with lingering issues that could be hardware related. While he's based in Chicago, where I live, I was impressed by his willingness to battle nasty traffic for an hour to do a "house call" and personally spend time with me and my Polar.
Old 15.06.2006, 04:08 PM
Am starting to like this forum

if this is true, this is amazing customer service. kudos to access, and this gentleman in particular!
Old 15.06.2006, 04:24 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Excellent, I hope you get sorted.

Sadly, we are unlikely to see that sort of service in Blighty.
Old 15.06.2006, 06:42 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

wow amazing stuff sounds like they got some good service in the u.s.
Old 15.06.2006, 08:43 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.e
wow amazing stuff sounds like they got some good service in the u.s.
Yes they do! I got my TI desktop replaced, no questions asked when the thing wasn't even powering up. Recieved a brand spanking new one about a week later. Now that is good customer service.
Old 15.06.2006, 09:24 PM

pretty cool.
Old 15.06.2006, 11:05 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

yeah. lucky ones
Old 15.06.2006, 11:31 PM
Pro
Pro

I might even consider purchasing a Virus TI (maybe keyb) if access gets the synth working well and gets the quality issues under control. I wouldn't use the usb connection at all so that doesn't matter so much for me but the synth must work without the boot up problem and any crashes in normal use (single mode, multi mode, heavy patch editing etc.). None of my current synths crash altough they would be turned on for days.

I guess it's alot harder to get a synth working with usb and computer software plugin than it would be to make the synth's os working well first. Anyway, I want a synth which doesn't depend on computer. I sold my Nord modular because it couldn't be used without a computer software.

I guess it's impossible to make the usb + software to work with every possible computer but it seems that access are very close to satisfy most of the users. So let's hope they will fix the synth's os next that at least people who don't want to use the usb could enjoy the synth without bugs.
Old 16.06.2006, 05:48 AM
Amateur
Amateur

My Ti started to play by it self today!!! Thats freaky! os beta 1.1

Its been on since yesterday, and it sits here besides my computer. I was just checking the mail, when it sudenly, out of nothing got a stuck note-on! Its happened before though, but not by itself!!!!!!!

Theres something crazy going on, or I might have a ghost in the apartment!
Old 16.06.2006, 02:45 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Hi guys!

I expirienced strange bug in TI today.

Can you please check if it happens in your viruses as well.

guide:

1. choose which ever preset might be rom or ram library.
2.Turn the arp on and hold on the arp
3.Change the osc 1 or 2 mode to whiche ever hyper saw or classic just turn knob few times

The first note pressed is hanged and cant be hanged out. When I press another on it plays it ok and knobs are responcing to another one. Just first note is hanged 'forever'. The only knob that works is volume and tempo. When I change to multimode it plays with increased tempo as there is higher one. When I press shift + reliese, tempo of hanged arp note is changing normally.
Moreover I can do it multiple times tried 4 so far. When I change a preset I can hang it as well so it works just like multi but cant change the parts :]

cheers

Rudy
Closed Thread