Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.02.2008, 10:37 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Ok man seriously, stop panicking

Don't go opening up your TI or you WILL break something (!!)

I can't help you because I don't have a keyboard TI, but I'm sure there is a logical explanation. How about you just use it with an external MIDI controller for a day or so, and in the meantime contact Access support (not forums!) and follow their advice.

Keep in touch here, and someone might be able to help you diagnose what's wrong (or perhaps what you're *doing* wrong?), but really, it's important that you don't freak out or you'll break something!

Last edited by incubatid : 16.02.2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 16.02.2008, 11:54 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

WHOA! Before you open it up and void your warranty or just make big problems for yourself (or Access) maybe you can do a "Hard reset" and fix whatever might be wrong.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...rus-polar.html
Old 17.02.2008, 05:18 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Guys... dont worry ! I work in IT and handle electronics far more complicated than this little sucker!

and..... anyhow I fixed it!

turning the board over I could hear the offending plug rattling against the case top! Yes it was as I suspected the keyboard is not connected to the sound engine!

Looking at the inside through the keyslot I could see the cable flapping about ....

5 mins and the plugs now in place ... I now have the menus for keyboard controls and a check with outputs and all is hunky!! So no panic guys!

And I managed not to damage the security label - so much for that!

So if anyone else gets this issue ... then you know where to look !

btw the plug is a really loose fit and so not a surprise .. it wouldnt take much to shake it out!

and dont worry I work on things much more complex and expensive that this so I know what I am capable (or not capable of!) - I also build design and operate alot of my own ham radio gear too

so now to make some noise!!!
Old 18.02.2008, 01:32 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

GREAT! Was it a brand new unit? That's strange the actual connector cable was loose!

I'm glad you're confident and capable enough to open yours up. The only reason I was cautioning you is frankly there's just a lot of dopes out there that might make matters worse by taking it in their own hands (like myself).

As we've obviously never met and I had no knowledge of your capabilities or experience, I could only assume it was an "ID10T" error. I thought you just might not be able to find the "Keyboard" menus, as I had problems finding the global functions at first. Took me a minute to figure out how turn down the bright ass LEDS.

Now that I think about it, I guess it's pretty logical that the OS wouldn't have shown the keyboard menus. Without that cable hooked to the motherboard, your Polar probably thought it was a Desktop model.

Last edited by plaid_emu : 18.02.2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 18.02.2008, 05:31 AM
Infektion taking hold...

yes and that was my thought - ie no key menu no keys

then when i turned it over to look through the key slot to see what I could see ... i heard the clunk as the connector flopped around!!

yep - no keys - the Virus thinks "im a desktop I dont need those menus" too damm clever for its own good!!!

Hmm yes - well it was a return - but "as new" however ... asking on some of the forums a couple people said "oh yes I had the same - returned it and they put a loose cable back in " So I kind of knew what I faced.

yes I know a lot of people have issues around working on hardware, second nature to me, so not worried and was an easy fix - I was just surprised how loose that connector is - esp as the unit is meant to be suitable for gigging - that would be embarrasing - ending at a gig wid no keys!

So all is well - I have a working Polar and kind of happy

Now I just have to work out why the Virus control VST is crashing sonar ... next IT job

looooo

!
rgds

Simon