Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 14.11.2014, 12:48 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus B video training?

Hi

I picked up my first Virus last week a B. Any detailed vids to teach me all the features and how to maximize them? I didn't get any manuals so I have been struggling through one I found online.

I saw editing software for the A,B,C for $75. Is it worth it or can I just stick to the control interface?
Old 14.11.2014, 08:20 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Brazos, welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the Virus B, it's a great synth. Feel free to ask any Q's.

I haven't seen any comprehensive introduction video tutorials on how to use the B or C - other than those making specific patches or similar on youtube - but I've put together some documentation you might find useful:

Virus B - OS v4.5 manual.pdf
Howard Scarr - Programming Analogue Synths - Virus Tutorial.pdf (Additional tutorial patches in Mid / SoundDiver formats)
Virus B Midi CC knob diagram
Virus C Signal Flow Diagram (although shows Virus C, it applies largely to Virus B too)
Graphic illustration of Virus PCM waveshapes (the ones in addition to the standard Sin/Saw/Pulse)

Regards the software, if you have a PC (rather than a Mac) you may wish to try Emagic SoundDiver that was bundled (free) with the Virus B and C synths. It's not an integral VST host, as it's fairly old and long since been discontinued (see bottom of this post for more modern commercial products), but it is a decent basic standalone GUI editor and librarian (I use it mainly as a librarian to import and save patch sets to and from the Virus via PC over MIDI).

Emagic SoundDiver Virus v3.02

... unfortunately the above version can be a little hit and miss. I found only the full version of SoundDiver (rather than the one bundled with the Virus) could successfully connect with my Indigo over MIDI. But try the above first, and if you have any problems let me know.

Other commercial alternatives with more up-to-date VST specifications and features are, in no particular order, Solar3D, RekonAudio, MysteryIslands and SoundQuest. I cannot endorse them, though, as I haven't personally tried or tested them.
Old 15.11.2014, 01:30 PM
Veteran
Veteran

that's another "head shot" by Timo!