Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 04.03.2011, 12:16 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default My Ti Desktop Crashing!

For some reason my Ti has started crashing and I can't understand why.

I have mounted my Ti on a desktop rack as can be seen below. I noticed it crashed when previewing sounds. I am also using all 3 outputs, which I have noticed causes problems too.

When I preview sounds it works fine, but then a sound will get stuck and continue to play. After a while it will make a loud screech and I have to restart it.

When using 3 outputs, even though only 1 sound is playing, I notice it sounds muddy. When flicking through sounds the samples can often sound awful.

I updated it around September time in 2010.

Any help with this?

Old 04.03.2011, 02:12 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to virussnowman Send a message via Skype™ to virussnowman

I have a similar problem with logic 9. When I go to use it sometimes It crashes at startup and says error- and something about the usb hub..I just bought it & for $2000 I would hate to think I cant use it to its full potential. No problem when it does work though but I have to select logic as the audio out otherwise no sound..I have an imac and an access virus snow running logic 9 if anyone can help will be fab!
Old 04.03.2011, 10:52 AM
Very mucho Newbie

I tested it a moment ago, after waking up, still the same thing.

So, I did a factory reset. So far it seems to be ok and I can audition sounds without it crashing.

I am now taking my time when auditioning. Instead of flicking through fast, I'm doing it slowly and letting the sound finish playing before I switch.

Some pads will play on if you press audition. You have to press it again to stop the sound playing. What I think is happening is if the sound is still playing, and you try to play another it gets confused and crashes.

If after resetting you find that a sound wont stop playing even after pressing audition again (like just happened to me). Press the "Arp On" button and it should stop. Sounds that play on there own are arpeggios I believe.

For anyone reading who don't know how to reset the virus Ti. Turn off the virus (holding transpose keys). When turned off, hold down the edit button under arp (which is under master volume). The BPM light and the light in the original value light should blink. Let it power up. You're now reset
Old 04.03.2011, 12:46 PM
Pro
Pro

i give my virus a reset after any crash in my sequencer, or even if its been running for about 8-10 hours if it starts to get screwy.

what OS are you running gv?

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 04.03.2011, 06:28 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
i give my virus a reset after any crash in my sequencer, or even if its been running for about 8-10 hours if it starts to get screwy.

what OS are you running gv?
My Virus is running on 4.1
Old 21.11.2019, 10:05 PM
New here
New here

Unhappy Trouble with a TI2 Desktop build in 2013

Since a few days I own a 6 years old Ti2 Desktop in well maintained condition.

As I've no experiences with the TI, I started to check the unit using the build-in demo song (TIOS 5.1.7.0).

Many times that demo runs w/o issues in a loop before it's crashing randomly. Then it stops playing the demo with a very loud, buzzing + permanent sound.

Sometimes, when the demo starts again (loop), one can notice that suddenly any instrument of the demo got missing or sounds wrong. It's needed to switch OFF the 12V power adapter to solve that.

I've done a look inside: Mainboard is of revision D25, DSP is 2x DSPB56367AG150 with Freescale logo (there are some mainboard pictures/videos of D24 PCB revisions out there, populated with 2x DSPB56367PV150 and Motorola logo, but also D24's with DSPB56367AG150, again Freescale logo)

Not sure, if these Freescale/NXP DSPs are as good as the origin Motorola ones ...

Anyway ... can't see any demage inside, everything looks very good.

So far I've done this:

Renewed the battery and changed the 12V power adapter for a better one with >2A (later I found out, that the unit just consumes 0.5A max)

Performed a reset via ARP EDIT while connecting 12V
Down/upgraded TIOS

=> No success, again crashes after a while.

In addition, I think there is a SW bug in 5.1.7.0 to a special button sequence, what leads to a crash with the same buzzing sound as sometimes I get with the demo song:

Power ON the unit
Switch TI2 into Single or Multi mode (doesn't matter)
Hold SHIFT + SEARCH ( = AUDITION) >3s for keep playing the selected Program
Press PROGRAM +
Press PROGRAM -
Hold SHIFT + SEARCH >3s again
Hold SHIFT + SEARCH one more time -> TI2 does crash

I guess it's similar to that behaviour GV1UK posted on 04.03.2011

Can anyone replicate that on his own TI2?

Last edited by *ZX81* : 28.11.2019 at 07:57 AM.
Old 27.11.2019, 07:20 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ZX81* View Post
Power ON the unit
Switch TI2 into Single or Multi mode (doesn't matter)
Hold SHIFT + SEARCH ( = AUDIBLE) >3s for keep playing the selected Program
Press PROGRAM +
Press PROGRAM -
Hold SHIFT + SEARCH >3s again
Hold SHIFT + SEARCH one more time -> TI2 does crash
yes this basically crashes one of the DSPs of my ti2 desktop although most functions still seem responsive except I can't turn off the buzzing sound even with the panic function and the other DSP still seem to be capable of producing sounds

btw it's "audition", not "audible"

however my TI2 is already not entirely OK. It might be interesting to see whether normally functioning units also exhibit this bug
Old 28.11.2019, 07:58 AM
New here
New here

Thanks for confirming that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charonme View Post
btw it's "audition", not "audible"
Yepp; have corrected this. Thanks.

Btw - pls can you have a look inside, which board revision is inside yours and which DSP brand it got populated (AG or PV)?
Old 29.11.2019, 05:03 PM
Very mucho Newbie

AG, with freescale logo, revision D25
Old 26.12.2019, 04:17 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by charonme View Post
It might be interesting to see whether normally functioning units also exhibit this bug
Unfortunately yes ...

Recently I got the chance to check a brand new Ti2 Desk; this unit also crashed by the mentioned button sequence and randomly crashed while playing the Demo Song.

What a superior quality for "only" 1700/2350 EURO, Access Music!

I do not wonder myself anymore, why there are some returned "new, but used" units available in online stores.

Last edited by *ZX81* : 28.08.2020 at 01:56 PM.