Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.02.2009, 01:00 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Marc/Access - I'm calling you out. We want answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdebee View Post
I know it's been said before but all I want is reliable timing with the arps and envelopes using Virus Control... I can't believe that this is still an issue - hrmmm It's doing my head in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
i don't think there is any type of timing problem as long as the rest of your system is okay. can you be a little bit more specific?
So are you denying there is a timing problem in Virus Control or are you trying to say you're unaware of it? C'mon mang! This has been discussed many times right here on this forum:

http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=29383
http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30343

I doubt that ALL of us are doing something wrong. I'm 99.5% sure this is a software or hardware issue and not a user error.

Marc, I know I'm coming off like a total asshole and I'm sorry I was so abrasive in the "ti2 desktop just arrived" thread, but let's please get to the bottom of this timing issue, once and for all.

To sum up my feelings about this whole debacle, I'm going to let you in on a PM interaction I had with someone on gearslutz.com forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch Trakz
are you selling your virus desktop to get the new one? lol if u are, im thinkin bout the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu
The jury is still out on that one. I'm really kind of pissed that Access hasn't fixed the timing/quantization issues in the Virus Control plug-in. Then when I heard they were charging for the rack ears, I was ready to just sell my Virus and never buy another Access product, ever again. The problem is, I can't think of any synth that will be good enough to replace it! Can you? It's so frustrating because I really want the thing to work. It sounds so amazing and the integration concept is beautiful (aside from the timing glitch). I guess I'm going to sell, maybe I'll get a TI2, maybe I'll find something else. I'm still waiting to hear from new TI2 owners if it works properly. If it DOES work, maybe I'll bite.
Old 06.02.2009, 01:36 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I have zero timing issues with the ti in live 7. Haven't had any since 2.7.3

Luke
Old 06.02.2009, 01:58 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I'm using Live 7 too. It's not an issue with every patch but most of the arp patches and some of the more complex sounds, it's all over the place.

My system is:

MacMini (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 7200 RPM HD, 2 GB RAM)
RME Fireface 400
NO USB hub. I'm running it directly into the Mac with a pricey Monster Cable U-Link 500 USB 2.0 (480mbps) cable.

I've tried using the main outputs instead of the USB audio. No change. Tried adjusting latency and buffer settings over, and over, and over. No change. All my other plug-ins and synths sync to MIDI clock just fine. The ONLY way I can get the Virus to sync 100% of the time is to disconnect the USB and use it as a stand-alone MIDI module.
Old 06.02.2009, 02:03 PM
aTISHooo!
I am starting to like this forum

I'm don't know for sure, but it sounds like the cable is your problem, how long is said cable?

I had problems with the original USB cable and had to replace it twice to get it reliable. I have heard of other users not being able to use the provided cable also.
Old 06.02.2009, 02:36 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
So are you denying there is a timing problem in Virus Control or are you trying to say you're unaware of it? C'mon mang! This has been discussed many times right here on this forum:

I doubt that ALL of us are doing something wrong. I'm 99.5% sure this is a software or hardware issue and not a user error.
Regardless of whether the issue is a user/software/hardware issue and if it applies to everyone in all situations, I don't think this is the place nor the way to get problems like this resolved.

For all we know, Marc is just on this forum on a voluntary basis, maybe not as an official representative of Access Music. I think it's awesome that an insider from access is active on this board at all - but as far as I can tell Marc is not part of their support department.

Access' official support crew are known to be very helpfull, responsive and customer friendly (more than most in the business). I would take it up with them if I were you/us.

Just my 2 cents on this.
Old 06.02.2009, 03:26 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
I'm using Live 7 too. It's not an issue with every patch but most of the arp patches and some of the more complex sounds, it's all over the place.

My system is:

MacMini (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 7200 RPM HD, 2 GB RAM)
RME Fireface 400
NO USB hub. I'm running it directly into the Mac with a pricey Monster Cable U-Link 500 USB 2.0 (480mbps) cable.

I've tried using the main outputs instead of the USB audio. No change. Tried adjusting latency and buffer settings over, and over, and over. No change. All my other plug-ins and synths sync to MIDI clock just fine. The ONLY way I can get the Virus to sync 100% of the time is to disconnect the USB and use it as a stand-alone MIDI module.
If you want to send me a live set I can give it a try. I'm on a completely different setup than you so its worth a shot I suppose. I have two daws, and I haven't had timing issues on either one.

Old 2ghz single core athlon, hammerfall 1
2.4c2d laptop

Luke
Old 06.02.2009, 03:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:

Marc, I know I'm coming off like a total asshole and I'm sorry I was so abrasive in the "ti2 desktop just arrived" thread, but let's please get to the bottom of this timing issue, once and for all.

To sum up my feelings about this whole debacle, I'm going to let you in on a PM interaction I had with someone on gearslutz.com forums:
if i would believe everything i read on this forum, i probably would sell my TI and dedicate my life to pottery

see, it appears that in both threads people talk about loads of different stuff. you talk about virus control, in the second thread for instance i can see the word MIDI far to often to believe that would be a good comparison.

that's why i was asking for more specific infos.

marc
Old 06.02.2009, 07:34 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Probably not the best way to ask for a hand.

I can help test if it's Logic, but I've only got a Live Demo. Pottery is actually very therapeutic! But it's no substitute for a virus
Old 07.02.2009, 05:47 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas412 View Post
I have zero timing issues with the ti in live 7. Haven't had any since 2.7.3

Luke
Ditto. I'm running 2.7.5 in Live 7 on an 1.6GHz EEEPC with 1GB RAM. Works flawlessly.
Old 07.02.2009, 06:35 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
Ditto. I'm running 2.7.5 in Live 7 on an 1.6GHz EEEPC with 1GB RAM. Works flawlessly.
You are running a Snow for a start. So you cannot run more than 4 parts.
One of my theories is:
1 DSP - 4 parts
2 DSP - 16 parts

Thats quite alot more for the TI to do isn't it..