Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 13.12.2008, 03:52 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus died after update.

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the forum and thought I would post about my recent experience. A couple weeks ago I bought the floor model Virus Polar from a music store. I got a great deal on it, and I also bought the protection policy they sold for an extra $200.00. I ordered Cubase studio 4 and waited for it to be sent through the mail. When it finally arrived I set it up but the Software in the Virus didn't match Virus Control and needed an update.
So I try to update the OS from my lap top but kept on getting connection errors and such. So I hooked it up to my Desk CPU and it went through the update process without a hitch. It said, "update complete, hit OK to reboot Virus" so I did and the prompt came up "Looking for Virus". Meanwhile my synth had a blank White screen. It just kept searching and never picked it up so after about 5 minutes I unplugged the USB and plugged it back in hoping it would see it. Nothing happened so I unplugged the power. When I plugged it back in the Virus was completely dead, and never came back on. I took it back to the music store and they have a brand new one on it's way.
I'm really glad I have the insurance policy on it but I'm scared to update the thing for fear of crashing it.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

And does anyone have any suggestions for the future that may be helpful when updating the OS and loading patches?
Old 13.12.2008, 05:10 AM
New here
New here

Unhappy not dead, but certainly knocked into the middle of last week

I actually have come to the forums in search of a little help in figuring out why mine won't take the new update. I'm downloading a 3rd fresh copy for another attempt, but they all seem to lock up when switching it over into update mode.

The first attempt, update went apparently normal- but after restarting Polar, display read "update failed, rerun Virus install software" or something to that effect.

Ended up having to downgrade all the way back to 2.0.5 to get it to respond again. After cleaning up my installer database, I upgraded back to 2.5, but when I tried again to make the trip to 2.7.5, it hangs on "found TI, switching to update mode"

I waited a really long time. Hour? Am I not being patient enough? Neither machine shows signs of activity during the apparent hang.

-popester
Old 13.12.2008, 05:47 AM
Am starting to like this forum

So I'm NOT the only one. There's DEFINITELY something wrong with the 2.7.5 updater....at least the one I downloaded.
Old 13.12.2008, 05:51 AM
New here
New here

Default totally.

which model do you have?

my current setup:

hp pavilion notebook
winxp sp3
virus ti polar (trying to get 2.7.5)

ableton live 6
Old 13.12.2008, 05:58 AM

TI keyboard

Mac G5, OS 10.5.5

Logic 8

I suspect the logic board (the one inside the TI itself) has had a syntheizure.

I can't even downgrade to ANY past OS.

I believe I'm FAQ'd.
Old 13.12.2008, 03:36 PM
New here
New here

Polar TI
Gateway laptop 3GIG ram
Pentium Dual Core.

Cubase 4.

Be careful. thank god I bought the extended warranty or I would have been out a couple grand.
Old 14.12.2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMuller View Post

thank god I bought the extended warranty or I would have been out a couple grand.
Ummm...WAHT?
Old 18.12.2008, 04:10 AM
New here
New here

Did you guys end up doing with your TI's?
Old 18.12.2008, 04:18 AM

Mine's still ailing. A technician's on the case....but I think it might me a goner.
Old 22.12.2008, 08:17 AM
Infektion taking hold...

So I thought I'd post my experience with the 2.7.5 update. I've been using 2.5.1 as I find it undoubtably the most stable version for my system and wasnt having much luck with the beta's and pre 2.7.5 versions plus I'm waiting for the side chain audio input over USB feature to arrive.

Any way, everything went smoothly until the window popped up stating windows is about to install unsigned drivers where it gives the option to continue anyway or cancel. Before I got the chance to select an option the computer blue screened and restarted. I then ran the setup again, clicked repair and everything went smoothly. Everything seems to be in order now, I will have to play with it a bit more to see if any thing comes up.