Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.03.2012, 07:03 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Virus C + ReMoteSL + StudioOne

Hi people! What I need do to connect my Virus C with Novation ReMote SL 61 and E-Mu 1616 soundcard. I want to play, record and control Virus at PreSonus Studio One.
Now I connect Virus and ReMote SL via 2 MIDI cables - In and Out. Also ReMoteSL connects to PC via USB. What will right way?
And also I search Automap Template for my Virus C. Nobody knows where I can download it? Or what MIDI parameters I need to edit in new template. Thanks.
Old 21.03.2012, 11:26 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Try this template for Virus TI Snow

There's no automap template for the Virus C. However, you should try this thread, which is for Snow, but probably many concepts will also apply to Virus C: Virus TI ReMOTE Templates v0.7 - Now with sysex

And regarding the connections between the Novation and Virus, I think you need to redirect the USB coming from Presonus to 5-pin DIN MIDI OUT 1 (M1) or MIDI OUT 2 (M2), this is done on Global menu of the Novation. Also, you have to redirect MIDI IN to USB 1 (U1 or U2), this is done on Global menu of the Novation. This way,the Novation is acting as a MIDI hub, redirecting from 5-pin DIN MIDI to USB.
Old 22.03.2012, 05:37 AM
Complete Newbie

Thanks, MarPabl!
I connect Virus C MIDI IN|OUT to E-Mu 1616 MIDI OUT|IN. Novation connects to PC via USB. And its works fine. I can record MIDI notes, automation, Virus can play MIDI notes from sequencer.
Now I have an another question... How to insert FX on every 16 MIDI tracks at PreSonus? How to split it?
At E-Mu PatchMixDSP I create new strip - Input L1|R1 - to recieve audio signal from Virus. Then I insert at this channel strip SEND TO ASIO 7|8 (this ports used by Presonus). And at PreSonus in AudioSetup options I check two cells - DOCK 1L|1R. Now sequncer can recieve audio signal from Virus. But I can't create insert FX at Instrument channel. And the others MIDI channels play together to one Audio Channel IN 1 L|R created before...
And what I need do to sync my arpedgio? I create New Instrument at PreSonus: Recieve from - E-DSP MIDI 1, SendTo - E-DSP MIDI 1. Should I to check on options below (Send Midi Clock, Send MIDI Time Code, and 3-d option - I forget its name) ?
Old 27.03.2012, 05:56 AM
Complete Newbie

I connect my Virus like this

Thats right???
Old 27.03.2012, 06:57 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by identificator View Post
I connect Virus C MIDI IN|OUT to E-Mu 1616 MIDI OUT|IN. Novation connects to PC via USB. And its works fine. I can record MIDI notes, automation, Virus can play MIDI notes from sequencer.
The connections seems to be fine

Quote:
How to insert FX on every 16 MIDI tracks at PreSonus? How to split it?
At E-Mu PatchMixDSP I create new strip - Input L1|R1 - to recieve audio signal from Virus. Then I insert at this channel strip SEND TO ASIO 7|8 (this ports used by Presonus). And at PreSonus in AudioSetup options I check two cells - DOCK 1L|1R. Now sequncer can recieve audio signal from Virus. But I can't create insert FX at Instrument channel. And the others MIDI channels play together to one Audio Channel IN 1 L|R created before...
With Virus C you have up to 3 pairs of stereo outputs. Therefore, you won't be able to simultaneously apply individual IFX to each of the 16 parts of the Virus. You can record up to 3 parts at once, redirecting each one to a different output and also creating 3 individual inputs on the EMU.

Quote:
And what I need do to sync my arpedgio? I create New Instrument at PreSonus: Recieve from - E-DSP MIDI 1, SendTo - E-DSP MIDI 1. Should I to check on options below (Send Midi Clock, Send MIDI Time Code, and 3-d option - I forget its name) ?
I think you should configure the Virus C to sync to external MIDI Clock and make sure Presonus runs the master clock.
Old 27.03.2012, 08:23 AM
Complete Newbie

But now I have a problem http://www.infekted.org/virus/showpo...49&postcount=6
Old 27.03.2012, 05:37 PM
Complete Newbie

I had changed my sequencer to Ableton Live and now I have no problems with arp sync!!! Yeah!
Old 27.03.2012, 05:39 PM
Complete Newbie

And for other people here I show answer from Novation Support (how to connect Virus with ReMoteSl and PreSonus):

I'm afraid that unfortunately we don't have a custom template for the Virus available.

You could however configure your own using the Remote Sl template editor.

http://www.novationmusic.com/support...ads/remote_sl/

With regard to Studio one it's best to install Automap 4.3. This will give you HUI control of Studio One's mixer.

1) Take a MIDI cable from the output of Remote MIDI out port 1 and connect it to the MIDI input of the Virus.
2) Press the upwards button in the top left-hand corner of the unit. Ensure that "USB1 To" is set to "M1" and that "MIDI To" is set to "U1 M1 M2".
3) Press the 'template' button and set "KeybPort" to "U1 M1 M2".
4) In Studio one go to "Preferences" and click on "External Devices". Click "Add".
5) Select "ReMOTE Sl" from the "Novation" folder. Set the "Receive From" and "Send To" fields to "ReMOTE SL Port 1". Click "OK".
6) Again in "Preferences" click on "External Devices". Click "Add".
Select "New Instrument". Leave the the "Receive From" field blank. Set the "Send To" field to "ReMOTE SL Port 1". Name your device "Virus" or similar.
7) Enable the MIDI channels you would like to transmit on then click "OK".
Create a new instrument track. Ensure that '"All Inputs" is set in the second grey box beneath the track name. Record some MIDI note data.
9) In the first grey box beneath the track name select "Virus".
10) Ensure that the Virus is set to receive MIDI data in the correct MIDI channel. Press play - your Virus should now play back.