Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.02.2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Loading my Virus with better patches...

OK, I am sick of the factory patches and wish to get some new ones from the Access website as I am not good enough at programming yet to come up with hundreds of new, cool ones?

With Sounddiver can I:

(a) cherry pick the factory patches I like and move them to different banks

AND

(b) load the new ones and then cherry pick them?

Once I saw that Juho and Ben Croland had sets on there I got motivated as I wanted to see what kind of craziness they put together.

Can anyone attest to other patches on the Access site that might be worth loading and toying around with?

I have a Virus KC and the version of Sounddiver that came with it.

Some have mentioned here that that particular version of S.D. sucks and that I should look into getting the full version as it works better...

At any rate I will read the directions and try all this out before I post for specific instructions.

Thoughts???

Thanks a bunch for any info in advance!
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 18.02.2005, 11:20 AM

Seems a lot of people on Windows have issues with Sound Diver....The only thing u can do really is hook it up and see if it works for you, and then think about another option or the full version

I think what you want to do should be sweet....u can load a new bank into A, then go through and pick some nice patches, copy them into B, and then load up A again with a different soundset

Rock on!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 18.02.2005, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Jasedee wrote:
I think what you want to do should be sweet....u can load a new bank into A, then go through and pick some nice patches, copy them into B, and then load up A again with a different soundset
That's what I'm hoping for.

It seems pointless to me to have a bunch of shitty patches mixed up with all the cool ones.

I want to load that bitch up with 100% usable stuff.

This way I can focus more on playing than looking for patches.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Cheers!
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 18.02.2005, 04:09 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Re: Loading my Virus with better patches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74
Can anyone attest to other patches on the Access site that might be worth loading and toying around with?
Yes, the "Icon of Coil" soundset is really nice.
It has some great EBM/industrial patches remniscent of front 242/nitzer ebb stuff.

I'm using alot of sounds from that collection on my virus.
Old 18.02.2005, 10:59 PM

Saving whole banks to A or B works well. Copy the best patches from A over the worst ones in B, then transfer the edited "good" bank to ROM. From there you can import more fresh banks and start again.

But....

If you want to run through each sound in a bank and just save the good ones (from your normal sequencer)....
You have to set the Virus to "force to edit buffer" - load the bank into your sequencer - set the sequencer to a really slow tempo - press play, and after the patch name pops up on the VC screen, press pause on your sequencer - play the sound - if you like it, save it - if you don't, press play again and get the next patch in the bank. Time consuming, but this lets you go through the whole bank without overwritting any patches on A or B.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 19.02.2005, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Chinard wrote:
Yes, the "Icon of Coil" soundset is really nice.
It has some great EBM/industrial patches remniscent of front 242/nitzer ebb stuff.

I'm using alot of sounds from that collection on my virus.
Thank you for the input on that soundset Chinard!
I will definitely check it out!

Quote:
Hollowcell wrote:
Saving whole banks to A or B works well. Copy the best patches from A over the worst ones in B, then transfer the edited "good" bank to ROM. From there you can import more fresh banks and start again.

But....

If you want to run through each sound in a bank and just save the good ones (from your normal sequencer)....
You have to set the Virus to "force to edit buffer" - load the bank into your sequencer - set the sequencer to a really slow tempo - press play, and after the patch name pops up on the VC screen, press pause on your sequencer - play the sound - if you like it, save it - if you don't, press play again and get the next patch in the bank. Time consuming, but this lets you go through the whole bank without overwritting any patches on A or B.
Dude! I think you just saved me half a bottle of Tylenol. Many thanks for the technical insight Steve!

I will get a chance to put all this information to good use next week when this f*@king deadline is over!

Cheers!
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile