Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.09.2008, 09:18 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default 2.7.3 is here

Latest virus ti software 2.7.3 been released check out access site.
Old 02.09.2008, 09:33 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Just seen this. Thnx Tricky!
Old 02.09.2008, 09:41 PM

interesting. anyone see the change log between this release and 2.7.2?
Old 02.09.2008, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS v2.7.3
"Exporting single sounds from multi works again (3rd attempt)"
That's the only difference. A last minute bug fix.
Old 02.09.2008, 09:52 PM

cool. thanks.
Old 09.09.2008, 10:33 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to djbrownie
Default same issues 2.7.3

Hey guys,
My latest update went very smoothly, but still to this day the arps drift, and midi notes are playing 1/32 note late. i'm using my TI inside Logic studio 8 as a plugin, the rest of my studio runs flawlessy, all external MIDI gear sync's perfectly all plugins the same, the TI doesn't seem too have much latency at all when i'm playing it, barely noticable, but when played back or quantized or when notes are drawn in on exact positions it is totally off, i've proved this by copying patterns from other MIDI instruments or AU's over to the Virus track(s) and the whole song now sounds like a bad DJ mix, and thats just with one Virus track, when i have about 6 it's unbearable!
How can i fix this? i do notice one thing which may have nothing to do with anything but i'll ask anyway, if i turn on the virus while my audio interface ( TC Konnect 48 ) is on, the VIRUS' screen show's 'Audio clock changed' for a brief second, now if the Interface is off the Virus screen doesn't show that. May not even be related, but maybe there's a clock setting in the Virus that i don't know about?
Basically i don't understand why i should have to tweak a perfectly working studio that consists of alot of Midi gear, (RADIAS, MS2000,JUNO 106, BassStation , K station etc. and even non MIDI gear like JUNO 60 ,SH101, MC202 etc), all these sync or lock to the same clock yet the most awesome sounding one of the lot, the $3000 Access Virus TI throws a wrench in the works and has my stumped. oh and btw, after these last 2 updates the virus control plugin takes over 2 minutes to load, and then wants to 'initialize TI and sync patches', for another 2 1/2 minutes!! i really can't be expected to wait over 5 minutes every time i want to use this thing surely?
Sorry to rant but i work 6 days a week 1-12 hours a day so my time in the studio is very limited, i need to make the most of it while i can, but this is not very productive to say the least.
Is anyone here using a similar setup that wouldn't mind sharing how they have everything setup in LOGIC?
MAC PRO 2 x 2.8 Quad core Intel Xeon 6GB ram
OSX 10.5.4
Logic 8.02
TC Konnect 48
Motu midi Express 128
Virus TI Polar v.2.7.3

Let me know if you need any more info, i would be eternally greatful if anyone could help me find a solution to this. Thanks alot CB
Old 09.09.2008, 11:35 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I've no solution, but I have got the same issue. I end up having to alter the delay settings on each track just to get it to sound something like in time.
Old 10.09.2008, 12:56 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Exactly! so why can't there be a setting from within Virus control to achieve the same thing? change the delay by 1/32 notes, or is there?

In Logic's syncronization page there's a bunch of settings related to both audio and midi, can anyone tell me what i should or shouldn't have checked if this might help with this issue? thanks much.
Old 10.09.2008, 06:29 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrownie View Post
In Logic's syncronization page there's a bunch of settings related to both audio and midi, can anyone tell me what i should or shouldn't have checked if this might help with this issue? thanks much.
VC takes up about 5 or 6 seconds to load. It synched only the first time I ever started it.

Also, everything I bounce etc. ist perfectly in time. I can only imagine that you are doing somethings strange or something else is broken in your setup.

Have you contacted access support?

r
Old 10.09.2008, 07:12 AM
Very mucho Newbie

VC may take a little longer to load as i have about 150 extra banks of sounds to load but it never took this long before the last 2 updates, i work for a major music retailer and tried this on the TI desktop and 61 key on the sales floor, same issue, tried calling Access support from the store soooo many times, never got a return call, actually have Matt Skaggs business card. Also I'm not bouncing anything, i'm attempting to have everything play along happily thru midi before i decide to bounce anything down, using Logic btw not Pro tools.
thanks alot C